Chapter 42: Can't Sleep Love

~ Clay's POV ~

I woke up to the same I did everyday, the same bright light, the same position, the same everything. I just wanted something to be different. But there was. There was something different ever since that dance, ever since I met George.

Different feelings.

Want, loved, happiness.

The want to have those soft lips I've learned to love. The softest lips I've lips I've ever felt. Damn, this man has got me obsessed with him. Not that I was disappointed. I was far from disappointed in fact. I wonder if he had the same feelings right now.

I really hoped so. I don't think he knows how I feel for him and how much so. It was a hell of a lot. If you asked me a number of how much I loved him I wouldn't be able to give you a number. It's an ever-ending feeling really.

I wanted him at my side at all times, no matter what. Was it odd to feel this way? Is this how Bad feels for Skeppy? How does he not just melt on the spot? It's crazy really. I wonder if George thinks about the way I think about him.

I sighed, deciding I should get ready for the day. I was early but I didn't care, I got out of bed and made my way to my dresser, ready to start the same, boring day. I changed out of my sleepwear and threw my cape.

I got my pocket-watch and checked the time. 7:33AM. Oh wow, I woke up earlier than I thought. I was quite surprised, I thought I would sleep longer than that, I was really exhausted last night but I guess it might matter.

I might as well read for a while. I pulled out the book that I was reading yesterday. It was a romantic book about a rich man finding a homeless, poor woman. I ended up having to stop right when the man was going to sing a song that he made for woman, so I was quick to open the book and continue reading.

(Play Can't Sleep Love by Pentatonix if you want better visuals:])

Uh huh, yeah

Tell me if I'm going crazy? (Uh huh)

Tell me have I lose my mind? (Yeah)

Am I just afraid of lovin'? (Uh huh)

Or am I not lovin' kind? (Yeah)

Kissin' in the moonlight, movies on a late night, gettin' old (Uh huh)

I've been there, done that, supposed to be hot but it's just cold. (Yeah)

Somebody wake up my heart, light me up, set fire to my soul, yeah (Uh huh) Cause I can't do it anymore (Yeah)

Gimme that can't sleep love (Gimme that can't sleep love) I want that can't sleep love (Gimme that can't sleep love) The kind I dream about all day, the kind that keeps me up all night. Gimme that can't sleep love (Yeah)

Maybe I'm too picky, honey (Uh huh) but I'm not in the world you're in (hah, hah, hah) I'm not in it for the money, ooh I'm looking for the real thing (Yeah)

Kissin' in the moonlight, movies on a late night, gettin' old, yeah (It's gettin' old) I've been there, done that. Supposed to be hot but it's just cold (So, so, so cold)

Somebody wake up my heart, set fire to my soul (To my soul, to my soul, to my soul) Cause I can't do it anymore, no.

Gimme that can't sleep love (Gimme that can't sleep love) I want that can't sleep love (Gimme that can't sleep love)

The kind I dream about all day, the kind that keeps me up all night, gimmie that can't sleep love (Yeah)

Oh, I'm tired of dreaming of no one (I'm tired) I need some body next to mine (I, I'm tired, yeah) Cause I'm dyin' to give it to someone (give it to someone) because I can't do anymore.

Gimme that can't sleep love (Gimme that can't sleep love) I want that can't sleep love (Gimme that can't sleep love) the kind I dream about all day (about all day) the kind that keeps me up all night (keeps me up all night) Gimme that can't sleep love. (Yeah)

~

I finished the song part and wow. It described a lot about how I felt for George, I was perfectly spot on. No wonder I felt so connected to the book, the only differences about the book and me and George was George was a man and two we were about bittersweetly royalty.

Yup, I'm definitely going to be re-reading this book over and over now. Not that I minded, I had nothing better to do than read and think. I would prefer reading over thinking because thinking might lead to over-thinking, and over-thinking might lead to re-thinking life.

I shook my head and grabbed my watch to check the time. 8:24. Oh wow, a lot of time passed huh? I can't believe I hadn't noticed. I got up and headed to the door ready to go to breakfast and pretended everything that happened last night didn't, only for a bit at least.

I sighed and opened the door, I guess I should go downstairs and get breakfast before a maid is forced to come up to my room. I didn't want to disturb them because I wasn't awake just yet.

--------------------------------------

Word count: 924

A/N: i know, i know, short chapter, im sorryyyyyyy i was tired 😔✋