Take it all in

Amy's POV:

His hands were so soft and caressing I almost melted into them.

I quickly recovered and pushed myself back knowing damn well I'm not going to be someone's charity case despite what his eyes may have shown.

Soon, a knock at the door appears and it's evident to me that as always, we're continuously interrupted.

Jeez does EVERYONE know where he is at all times?

"It seems as though they're looking for you, I think it's best we presume finishing off the task at hand from earlier." I say while still looking at the floor and trying to make sure I don't look into his eyes.

"Hun, is everything okay over here? They've been waiting on us for a long time now?" Caroline says as a matter of fact statement. While also making sure to give me the dirtiest look yet.

I finally break my trance from hers only to be met by his blue eyes boring into mine. I'm expecting him to go with her but what he does next shocks me to my core completely.

"Caroline would you be so kind as to tell them I am currently unavailable and will be for the rest of the night. I'm sure you can manage without me." He finishes while still claiming my eyes and while leaving me immobilized where I stand.

Caroline scoffs. "Surely you don't mean that, whatever your assistant may need I'm sure can be handled properly by her coworkers-"

I manage to look at him only to see his expression turn dark and cold. In an instant he turns around and faces Caroline.

His body seems to be radiating heat and this scares me a bit, as I do not want to be at the end of that conversation.

I immediately sense the tension between them and take this opportunity to walk out from the room.

Luckily I  managed to escaped and find myself back at the main event of the gala, where it is now in full effect and taking the night by storm. Drinks have been flowing around and the music has progressively gotten louder. At this point the auction polls for donations have closed and the party has now begun to take on the night and I take this as a sign to find Mikayla and Violet to find out what happened to Julian.

As I'm moving through the crowd I finally catch a glimpse of Violet who's across the floor close to the DJ booth talking to what seems to be one of Mr. Anderson's security guards. I hastily make my way through the dancing crowd until I finally reach her.

"Violet! Finally I found you! Where have you guys been? What happened with Julian? Were they able to get to him?" I blurt all my questions at once and she immediately conveys a half smile and motions for me to follow her.

We reach this door that opens in to another office set up except this time it has a conference room table set off in the middle of the space, with a bar to my right at the entrance. The room has a sleek elegance to it that follows suit with the theme for tonight of anonymity.

Jeez does everyone know where all of these hidden rooms are except me? and why are there so many?

I quickly shake off the thought and notice shortly after we walked in Mikayla comes in announcing what occurred.

She explained that after I walked away with both of them and Mr. Anderson pulled me aside, both of them immediately set off to find the security team and convey the news of Julian having found a way into the gala. The team set off to find him except they soon realized he was gone and revoked the detail of him possibly working with someone who works for Mr. Anderson because at the announcement of his presence immediately all security personnel were set to all the entrances only to have never seen him leave.