The Gala: Part 2

His eyes continued to hold mine as I finished descending down the last few steps.

I could still feel everyone else's stare but none of that seemed to matter.

Only his stare mattered.

His ocean blue eyes seemed to hold so much behind them and yet not a single thing escaped from them, to inform me of what they held.

I broke our connection to make eye contact with Violet and Mikayla, only to have missed what they said to me.

"Huh?" I say to them.

They both looked at each other and they begin to laugh.

"You seriously didn't hear a word we said to you?" Mikayla questioned, in between laughs.

"Uh no. Sorry." I said.

"We said you look gorgeous." Violet finished.

A slight blush started to form on my cheeks and I looked down before I could answer again.

"Thank you." I looked up to smile at both of them.

They smiled at me and before we know it, He who must not be named appeared right next to us.

"Good evening ladies, I trust everything went well with by the way you guys look?" He questioned, with his usual authority tone but I did detect a hint of genuineness behind the words.

But then again who knows what's an actual compliment coming from him.

I rolled my eyes hoping that tonight of all nights my subconscious wouldn't continue to pester me, but quickly realizing that wasn't an option.

"Yes, and thank you very much Mr. Anderson. Your gratitude today towards us, does not go unnoticed." Mikayla responded, for which I was grateful for, that she did all the talking since I'm still trying to calm down from that high I received walking down the stairs.

"My pleasure ladies now, I'm going to need you guys to head over towards Leslie Rodriguez (he points towards a woman) who's actually been in charge of arranging the decor for this entire event tonight." He stated sounding his usual bossy tone again.

My eyes trail over to the woman who goes by the name of Leslie. As if on cue I take note of her beauty. Her hair resembles a bright red which happens to match her cherry red lips, accentuating her hourglass figure with her fire engine red dress, whoa talk about a trifecta. She's gorgeous, now let's hope her personality matches her beauty.

We nod our heads and begin to walk over towards the woman, with Mikayla and Violet in front, before I was stopped by him.

"A word Ms. Monroe." He questioned, with authority.

I rolled my eyes.

Jeez buddy it's a gala! For pete's sake let the authority tone gooo!!!

I slowly turn around to face him, waiting to endure whatever he had to speak to me about, to find him patiently waiting for me.

"Yes sir?" I respond.

"Well I wanted to touch base with our conversation from earli-"

He was cut off by none other than Ms. Forbes who undoubtedly did just that on purpose.

I took a minute to assess her features and was actually stunned to be met by how beautiful she actually looked.

She wore a side ponytail down filled with curls, with a very bodacious nude smoky eye to compliment her nude/tan mermaid dress that hugged every curve and especially hugged her breasts so much it looked as if she were wearing a corset.