A Good Night's Sleep

Oddly enough I didn't groan once I heard the alarm go off. As I reached from under my covers to take my hand out, turn off the alarm I began to notice why I didn't groan.

I slept more than I usually did and for some reason I woke up feeling... refreshed.

I got up and pretty much did my normal routine, and before I knew it I finished 20 minutes earlier ahead of time. I brushed my teeth, showered, got dressed, did my hair, fixed my bag, and ate the left over cereal that we had and even washed my bowl.

I was so shocked and seemingly proud of how well a good night's sleep can help you accomplish so much in the morning.

Although while grabbing my bag and keys, I frowned at realizing that going to sleep late afternoon won't happen every day due to responsibilities and all that jazz. Before heading out the door I wrote Mia a note advising her that once I got paid tomorrow that we could make some time after work to go grocery shopping. After placing the note on the fridge and walking out of the apartment I realized time had flown since the day Brian fired me. It happened Friday and I couldn't dare imagine what would happen once this Wednesday would arrive and I would realize that it would be my last check. Dreading that I would have to use it so wise and carefully because it would be my last source of income until I found another job to help sustain Mia and I with our bills. But then Saturday happened where I found the add, and then went in for my interview on Sunday, and started yesterday Monday as my first day.

I only then realized that today would be my second full day at work, I was excited yet nervous because I really didn't want to mess this up since this WAS my only source of income... for the moment that is.

Once having sat down I took out my book not expecting the bus for another 15 minutes and yet not having even opened the book, my bus arrived. I double checked the bus number and the route on my bus booklet and found that it was okay to take the bus. I smiled internally knowing that once I arrived at the office I would have a chance to familiarize myself even more with the building, the offices, and also my computer, and my office. I couldn't help but smile to myself at being able to say "my computer" or "my office" I knew it was only for the job but I didn't care. I relished in the small things that came in handy when necessary.

Time had flown, by the time I looked up from my book and noticed my stop was coming up soon. I closed my book, stowed it away and realized yet again I wouldn't have a proper meal to eat for lunch. A wave of depression washes over me, I knew that when the time came for everyone to go to lunch I'd have to come up with some reason or some lie to get out of it. I shook my head to clear my thoughts, grabbed my bag and got off the bus and headed straight for the entrance of the building.

Once entering behind a security guard from the building I watched him walk until he disappeared behind a door that stated "Employees only" boldly on the door. I smiled only to remember the time Mia and I had snuck into a bar's "Employees Only" door in hopes on finding a cleaner restroom to use; only to find a couple having a full make out session on the couch with only intimates on. I laughed remembering how embarrassed the couple was and yet how hilarious Mia and I found the whole situation. I shook the memory,  and making a mental note that Mia and I had to hang out more because it's been a while since we've gone out and enjoyed ourselves.

I headed straight for the elevators and once I clicked on the button to go up, it didn't glow. I pressed it again and yet again it didn't glow. I began to raise my hand to press it agai-

"You need a badge to access the elevator."

I jumped at the sudden voice, not expecting anyone to be behind me.

"My apologies, I did not mean to scare you. Although I am intrigued as to why you are here earlier than what your call time is." He said, yet still so cold and distant with the way he said it.