Someday

Amy's POV:

As I walk in through the door of my apartment I cannot help but feel the exhaustion that's upon me due, to the fact that I've been walking all night.

By the time I had reached the Brooklyn Bridge it was sunrise and only then had I realized that I'd walked all day and night pondering over the recent events.

I reach my room and begin to take off my clothes as I get ready for a nice shower.

After showering I lay down hoping that once I awoke, it would be Monday but also that I wouldn't run into Mia.

******

I awake feeling cold and bereft not to mention being reminded of what lies ahead.

If Mia would continue seeing Julian then I would have no other choice than to leave here and find somewhere else to live.

I love Mia but... I cannot stand here and simply accept this new found relationship especially with the person she expects me to accept.

Why HIM?

Out of all people, I am most certain someone else could have been fitted for the part.

Why HIM?

And that was all I remember thinking about before I fell asleep again.

******

"Wow you're here early?" I jump out of the sudden voice that comes from behind.

I turn to notice Mikayla standing in the middle of my door with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, I got enough sleep last night so I woke up with extra time this morning. So I decided to come in a little bit earlier and finish a few things." I say as I begin to turn my back to her as I was before.

"Hey you okay?" She questions me with a lower voice.

I turn my back on her once more focusing on the task at hand while answering her.

"Yes, just a bit overwhelmed. Also, I received the e-mail from Ms. Rodriguez entailing the preparation details for the upcoming events. You along with Violet are CC'd in the e-mail as well." I say to her.

"Sounds good, I'll get to it." She says.

A few seconds go by yet I could still feel her presence in the room as I continued to finish my task.

"By the way Mr. Anderson retrieved your purse for you after you left the gala on Friday. He came to me and handed me your purse and asked me to hand it to you once we got to work today. Is everything okay? Did something happen with Ian?" She questions timidly.

After the argument that I had with Mia yesterday I genuinely forgot about what happened between Mr. Anderson and I. I spent all day sleeping and during the little time I was awake I couldn't help but think of what was to come.

I take a deep breath as I place down the few folders I had in my hand as I gather my emotions.

I turn to face her.

"Yes, it was just a simple misunderstanding with everyone. No need to worry." I try to muster a genuine smile as best as I could, hoping she would accept it and be on her way.

She smiles back. *Great she bought it.* She then begins to walk towards my desk in front of me.

"Good. Also, apparently your purse must have fallen when you were dancing with Ian and your phone must have broken short after. Once Mr. Anderson handed me your purse I checked to make sure all of your contents were still inside and that's when I noticed it." She gives me a sad smile while placing my purse into my hands. "I hope it was okay that I checked your purse I just wanted to make sure everything was there and I'm sorry your phone is broken."  She finishes.