Library Troubles

I wake up to the sun shining through my eyes. I mentally groan, because I realize that I have to get up and get started with my day. Especially since I am jobless, and groan out loud because my conscience just HAD to remind me that I don't have a job anymore.

Once done brushing my teeth and showering, I enter my bedroom and begin to look for something to wear for today. I mentally sigh because I know that no matter what I wear today it won't change the fact that I don't have a job any more. So I decided on a some jean shorts, white spaghetti strap shirt, and white sandals. It seemed really hot today so I decide to pull up my hair into a high ponytail.  I checked myself in the mirror and sighed because this was as good as it was going to get. As I stare at complexion I begin to think the shorts are too short; my skin is normally a whiter color on the paler side (not too much, I have naturally brown curly hair (but this week it was straightened), my height is about 5'2", i have small breasts (unfortunately), and a good size curvy waste, and my derrière has a little bit more than to offer, and the color of my eyes are green.
     I make my way to the kitchen to prepare myself something to eat, when I remembered Mia had cooked dinner last night. I checked in the fridge and behold there was a container full of food, so I take it out and begin to heat it up.

      Before I know it, Mia and I are on our way to the library. The bus drops us off across the street from it, and we head our way over to the library. While we are walking we're discussing what we should eat afterwards, and in the midst of talking I failed to realize the sign on the library's front door. I tried opening the door, when the handle wouldn't move, Mia and I halted our conversation to look up and see what the issue was. In clear bold letters it stated : THE LIBRARY WILL BE TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL APRIL 22nd
DUE TO RENOVATIONS.

"WHAT!!" Mia stated, rather loudly. (Actually she almost blew me eardrums out)

I stood there staring at it, as if I needed more confirmation than what I already had in front of me staring at my face, to confirm what I just read.

"I just don't understand! Ughhhh" Mia, shouted. Once again.

"Ugh, let's just go home. I'll have to start looking around then. Maybe local stores or restaurants. I don't know, something." I said, but you could hear the disappointment in my voice.

If only Mia and I could afford at least a computer to do some research at home instead of having to come to the library but we're in the process of that right now. I highly doubt we have enough to buy one right now.

"No! We both agreed no lower end jobs because they take too much time and don't pay enough. I mean I know you worked at the electronic store which wasn't all that lets be completely honest but at least you did managerial things, handled the cash, the orders and sometimes even the tax forms with Brian."

"I know Mia, but I can't do anything about it. I'm not going to sit here and wait for the perfect job to appear, and let you pay all of the bills. I need to get a job, so the next job opening that I see, I'm taking it."

"Let's at least get some food. So you can think about it." Mia said.

"There is nothing to thi--" I started to say before I got cut off.

"Lets just get some food. Look a mexican restaurant right there across the street (she pointed towards it) lets go eat" She stated rather firmly, in a motherly manner. As if to say "end of the discussion let's keep it pushing"

We pass by a local store that has a local newspaper stand, and while we're walking Mia decides to stop and check it out. I hadn't even noticed she wasn't following me anymore until I realized she had faltered behind.

"Jeez, Mia! You could at least warn me the nex--" Once again, cut off by the impertinent Mia. Which by the way im slowly starting to hate being cut off mid sentence today.

"LOOK! AMY COME HERE!" Mia shouted.

"Ok im coming, jeez calm down you look like a maniac." I stated.

"I don't care what I look like, because I think I just found you your next job! Ahh!! Look look look" She said/yelled.

"Ok calm down, it's probably not that serio--"
My mouth immediately falls open as I see the job that Mia was talking about. The job opening is from Anderson's Enterprise. I stare in utter shock at the newspaper in between my hands.

"Omg yay!!! You definitely have the qualifications, plus this will be a great learning opportunity for your career." Mia said.

"Hmm I don't know, I mean this is a very prestigious job." I stated sounding very doubtful.

"Nope. You said the next job popped up you were going to take it no matter what. Soo, no if ands or buts, this is it. Plus, it is pretty early so you can give them a call and at least set up and interview and see how it goes." She said.

"All right. Give me the number." I said.

I pulled out my phone, and waited for her to locate the number on the newspaper. I waited patiently, while staring at my phone and realizing that I do need to save up to get a better quality phone because this one is starting to fail me. I don't have a flashy iPhone or anything (although I would love to get one) but the phone I have now has been giving me service for a couple of years now. It's nothing flashy or anything but it's one of the older models of the blackberry version. Im suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when Mia says "got it!" I patiently await for her to give me the number. Once she has I begin dialing the number, and patiently wait as I hear the dial tone ring. Before I knew it a voice answered the phone.

"Anderson's Enterprise, Good Morning, this is Elizabeth how may I assist you today?" The very perky woman answered.

"Hi, um Good Morning I'm actually calling because I saw the ad that's been posted on the newspaper in regards to a position opening?" I tried to sound hopeful yet you could hear the nervousness laced within my words.

"Oh yes, may I please have your name and number? Also, would you be available to get interviewed tomorrow?" Elizabeth questioned.

"Ohh um yes, yes I can. I'm available." I also gave her number, and asked around a few questions and before I knew it I was hanging up the phone.

"OMG! What happened??!!" Mia asked very cheerfully.

"Well, I got an interview tomorrow at 9:30am, to bring my résumé. Dress professional, bring two copies of my resume,  and to make sure to be punctual. The position I will be getting interviewed for is to be one of his assistants but below his personal assistant. It sounded confusing but she said she'll explain tomorrow when we meet. She also said that Mr. Anderson himself will be giving me the interview, since his personal assistant won't be in tomorrow." I said.

Mia's eyes almost bolted out of her head once i finished the sentence.

"Wow, sheesh you'll have to make sure you really impress." She stated.

"I know, don't remind me. Anyways, I'm starving can we finally get something to eat?" I stated.

"Yes ma'am. Right this way." She said in a British accent. She gestured her hand as if to give me a tour and I just went along with it, laughing historically.

As we walked together towards the Mexican restaurant all I could think about is my interview tomorrow with Mr. Anderson. I couldn't help but wonder if the library mishap I encountered with today is fate being on my side or simply fate just screwing with my life. Only thing I can do is wait and so i'll wait.