Dozing Off Becomes a Habit

So I just wanted to personally thank bunnytemptress  @Anushi98 @Rahafbsiony @Emebae for giving my book a chance. I am new to writing so bear with me guys. Even if you guys are the only ones that read my book week to week I am eternally grateful because Atleast you guys give me the inspiration to continue writing. This book may never reach the millions but atleast I have you 4 to look forward to when I am writing my chapters. I hope you guys really enjoy this writing journey with me and I am open to comments and questions so please feel free to comment. So once again, Thank You.

Enjoy,

Jennyfer Tejada
-------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT! You cannot be serious!!??" She yelled.

"Yes, girl." I stated laughing at her shocked face after finishing the story.

"Well it's still early Amy, you better call to find out what it is they need to tell you whether or not you actually got the job" She said.

"Ugh.. I know I know, I don't want to start making bad impressions now, I'll call them back. Wait, what time is it? What do you mean it's still early? " I questioned rather confused since I figured with my nap the day must be already half way over.

Okay, so I woke up at seven, I left around seven forty five, then I caught the bus around seven fifty five. The ride was an hour long, and once I was done admiring the lobby I knew I still had a few minutes left since the meeting was at nine fifteen. Then the whole show went down with HIM, (I refuse to say his name unless I have to.) Which once that happened or didn't happen since it obviously didn't last long I left there as soon as possible, and by the time I got home and remember taking a glance at the clock which said 10:56am. I then fell asleep, and now that Mia's woken me up I still haven't had the chance to check the time.

I took a glance at the clock and was shocked to see that it presented 1:49pm. I figured I must have slept more than that but I guess not.

"Anywayssss, Look I suggest you call them back right now so you can know why they called." She said, pulling me out of my reverie. 

"You just wan't me to call so that you can hear the conversation on speaker you little fake." I stated, while looking at her with my "I know what you're trying to do" eyes.

"Yeah, whatever Amy. That's besides the point." She states with humor in her eyes. "Can you just call back come on." She urges me towards the phone.

"Fine." I state.

I pick up the landline and press *redial* & before I know it I hear Elizabeth's voice answer the phone. Once explaining to her who I was and as I was about to tell her why I'm calling she cuts me off to answer me with:

"Oh yes, Ms. Monroe. I'm really glad we were able to get in contact with you, I have great news for you. You're hired, you start tomorrow. You will receive a short orientation by Mr.Anderson since you will be his PA, and then a short tour followed by Mikayla. The rest, you will be informed of all by tomorrow. Any questions?" She blurred everything out so fast that I was still stuck on the mere words of "You're hired"...

All that I could manage to get out was "um no" and shorty after she hung up with a very cheery "see you tomorrow"

"Omg!!" Mia shouted. "You got the job congratulations!!!! No we'll both be making more money, which means enough money to buy the things we've been needing for a really long time." She continued.

"Ugh, I know what an unfortunate turn of events." I stated, with such distaste in my voice.

"What, what are you talking about this is great for you, for us, for you future." She said.

"Of course it is but I'd rather waitress than be with Him, all day long with his rude comments." I stated as a matter of fact.

"Amy, get over yourself you have dealt with way more horrible bosses and you knowwww I am right." She said.

Of course she stated "know" with such emphasis, only to remind me that she's right.

"I know-" I stated.

"No Amy, seriously I mean you've had it the worst, of us both. I mean the amount of creepy bosses we've encountered is seriously not okay." She said.

"I know-" I started.

"I mean we've had our share in harassment when it comes to bosses but you know how far Chris took it-" She began.

"Yes, and we promised not to bring it up again. So if it gets you to shut up then i'll take the job." I huffed out.

"Okay, I know I'm sorry I just really think this job is going to be great for you." She said.

"Thank you Mia, I know you mean well even though you harass me so much." I said.

"Of course, you know that's my job. Now can we eat I'm starving." She said.

"Me too." I stated

We decided to start cooking since Mia had just finished coming back from grocery shopping. Although Mia began talking to me about her day I dozed off feeling uneasy and unprepared for what awaited me tomorrow. Seeing Him again, unsettled my stomach and all I could think about was what this job held in store for me.

"Are you even listening to me Amy?" Mia yelled.

"Huh? Oh yes, yes I am." I gave her an apologetic look.

"Yeah sure you were ahha anyways--" She started.

As if on cue I dozed off again the minute she began talking again only to worry once more what the future may hold with this new job. If only I could see the future.