Day 0|I

"Twelve! Twelve!!" Célia yelled as she twisted between defenders and into the box.

My foot curled around the ball, driving it low to her feet where she effectively put it in the back of the net.

A massive smile was plastered on her face as she raced to me and threw her arms around me. She pulled back and did her trademark celebration: her fingers crossed in a X over our school emblem and then held up to the sky.

"Way to feed it, Hadley!" She cheered and hit my shoulder as we jogged to the half line.

My name is Alice Hadley and I know you're already groaning. You're thinking why? Why is she writing? Why couldn't it be, I don't know, Annabeth or Harry?

You can pretty much see my point. I know you don't like me. I'm the one who came in and ruined your ships or whatever. Honestly, I don't care. This is my story.

It includes Annabeth. It includes Harry. You want to know what happened to your favourites? Well wait and read.

Célia and the rest of the girls soccer squad gathered around for the post-match cool down session. We exchanged the usual banter and commentary of our favourite moments before couch arrived.

Coach Bailey was full smiles, decked out in a black adidas tracksuit pants and white t-shirt that showed everyone that she still had it.

"I'm proud of you girls. You played amazing, stuck to them and believed in yourself. Go cool down and then enjoy your weekend." She winked at us and focused on Célia. "Take care of that one, Hadley. I don't want to be picking anyone up from county."

"Yes ma'am." I playfully threw my arm around a sweaty Célia. She snorted and threw it off.

"No county this week, Couch." She teased though with her you never knew.

We all threw each other glances and laughed. I looked back and my eyes immediately caught a specific boy. I waved at him and followed the rest to the locker rooms.

I quickly washed myself and walked to my locker with a towel wrapped around me. I immediately ran into Célia again.

I always envied her looks. She had short, jet black hair and naturally tanned skin as if left out in the sun for just the right amount. It was a far cry from my long, brunette hair that I had to keep in a bun most of the time, and, my slightly paler, bronze skin. To knock it all off she had all the right curves and warm, dark cocoa eyes. I'm sure if any guy could see her now, wet and only dressed in a towel, they'd be on their knees.

As she was busy in her locker, dressing herself, she mumbled. "Same as usual?"

I nodded before realizing she couldn't see. "Yeah, we can go back to my place. Becket should be outside ready to drop us off."

She slammed the locker shut, seemingly satisfied. "So how long do you want me to give you?"

I raised an confused eyebrow before she continued. "I'm not gonna sit there for five minutes while you kiss and practically undress each other."

I suddenly began to feel hot. "We do not undress each other. We can be civilized."

She, once again, snorted. "Yeah, so you're saying ten minutes. Or you know what, shoot me a text when you're really ready."

I rolled my eyes and got done. She was always like this, a typical jealous best friend. Not much had changed since I started dating Becket but she was always this way when it came to him. I suppose being a third wheel at school events and etc didn't help.

Once I was satisfied that I looked decent, and was sure I didn't stink, I made my way to the stands. Becket and a number of our friends always hung out here to watch our games and vice versa. Somehow they always managed to secure the same spot. 

My friends... How should I describe them? Well, they are a bit cliché. And by a bit, I mean a lot. We somehow seemed to grow into the popular clique and at this point I was just glad we weren't tearing stuff up or bullying anyone.

The only two I really appreciate was Becket and Erin.

I found them behind the stands, chatting and yelling away. I paused before I rounded the corner. Hannah was shouting something.

"It's amazing!" I could only imagine her standing there, running her hands through her blonde hair. "So what do you say? Schmidt said she'd love to see all of us there, Becket."

Ah, I see. I held my breath as the other conversations continued, waiting for my boyfriend's answer.

"Well, I'll have to see Hannah. Right now I just have to drop Alice and probably Célia too." My ears tried detecting some sort of hidden message but couldn't find any. Yet something gnawed at me...

I quickly pulled out my phone and walked around the corner, making as if I was messaging someone.

"Alice, you were amazing today! That cross..." Dorian made the gesture of an Italian chef kissing his fingers. He was a cute boy about the same height as Becket but with long black hair, tied into a bun, and stormy eyes.

Becket elbowed him and threw his arms wide."I'm supposed to go on about how amazing my girlfriend played today."

He laughed as I embraced him. He was a thin, athletic boy with emerald eyes and long, black curly hair that sometimes hid his eyes. His familiar comforting smell enveloped me.

He leaned down for a kiss and I remained still, only allowing a head kiss. It was out of the norm but that unsettling feeling told me not to give anything else away.

"Ready to go?" He pulled back, staring at my face as if pulling for answers.  I nodded and pulled out my phone, sending a text to Célia that there would be no undressing today.