Day 6|IV

It's him. Of course it's him.

He couldn't have been one of those idiots that gawked at me as I walked down the hall. No. He had to be Harry freaking Malakai. No. Of course it had to be Harry Malakai. The universe wouldn't allow it to be anyone else.

Maybe I shouldn't have manifested a hot bad boy last night.

How'd I know it was him? Let's get to that then.

The woman seemed middle-aged, with raven hair. I wasn't entirely sure it was natural but as Annabeth and the others moved closer, it was clear they sensed something was about to happen.

My hot mystery boy was a disheveled attractive mess getting his books from his locker. He glanced at the woman allowing me to see his face. No bruises. Told you I wasn't such a good fighter.

I wasn't close enough yet to hear what he said but I could see that he did. I could also tell from the collective intake that it probably wasn't good. I didn't understand that one though. What was wrong? Didn't they like him talking? Perhaps he had said something rude...

The woman's face turned ferocious as she launched at Harry. I was afraid she was gonna slam him against the lockers but all she did was ball his clothes and shake him.

"Murderer! You killed my son!" She screamed. "You deserve to be in a cell!"

My eyes widened. Wasn't anyone gonna help him? No one did, instead just watching. Could this woman attack Harry? Probably. Would he attack her? I shook my head. Though I was afraid for him I didn't think he'd strike her.

Annabeth quickly glanced around, giving me a sympathetic look. Was this sort of thing common around here?

A short, muscular, blonde man with another in overalls (A security guard?) rushed forward, pushing through the crowd.

"Why are you quiet? Got nothing to say, killer? " She taunted. The small man and security grabbed her, trying to pry her hands off Harry. "You deserve to rot in hell, Malakai! I'll make sure of it. You didn't give my boy a choice and I won't give you one!"

She pushed the men off her and stormed out the building. All eyes turned back to Harry, watching. I felt sorry for him, trying to gauge what he was feeling. Throughout the entire thing he just stood still, emotionless. Not even reacting to being shaken.

Was this really the same guy? I mean he did apparently destroy a pharmacy the day before. Yet here he was, emotionless, non-reactive.

Shattering filled the air. Everyone snapped in the direction it came from, rushing forward. Even my new friends. Everyone except Harry and I.

He found my gaze and held it. Broken, fractured but something else. Something dangerous... It dawned on me that he wanted to. He wanted to lash out but decided against it. Why?

As I said that, it all happened in a matter of seconds. That's how crazy he was, how he made me feel.

He made his way outside, the crowd parting for him. A screech rang out and by the time I finally moved, I found him kneeling by his lime fruit. It's window was shattered, probably from the woman.

The blonde man began shouting, demanding us students to head back inside. Crowd control. They all trickled surely and slowly until it was just 6 of us including Annabeth, London, Cass and I.

The man gave Annabeth the same look she had given me a few moments before, sympathy. My eyebrows furrowed. Was there something between Annabeth and Harry? No, this wasn't the time for petty jealousy. Plus it wasn't like we were...

Police cruisers whipped in the parking lot, three in total. One a very familiar charger.

Chief Naomi directed her officers around to take statements then made her way to Harry, still bent over. I was surprised that she didn't bother talking to me but I suppose that wasn't the most surprising thing that happened in the last ten minutes.

She leaned over and spoke to him softly. She then returned back to her charger and waited for him. Eventually he too got up, still emotionless. Lowkey frustrating if I must say.

"Hey." Annabeth shouted out. Harry turned and for a minute I thought he would lash out. That fire was barely contained.

For a second I thought about what he must've felt like. Being the center of attention again, being blamed for a murder he most likely never did and then seeing his car damaged. It was a miracle, I realized, that that fire was contained at all.

And yet he did it once more, reeling it all back in. He took one last look at his car before getting in the charger, and disappearing.