Day 9|I

Buckle up!

I should've reacted quicker. I've watched enough You to know that this pervert was about to create our love story, our fairytale. Soon he'd have me walking into a bookstore, into he's cage and eventually whacking me in the head. I did not need a book written by me.

I was busy deciding whether to scream/shout or grab my phone and call Chief Naomi, when a strange feeling overcame me.

Familiarity. It was familiarity. I looked closer and suddenly understood why.

It was Harry.

I found it ironic that the reason I could identify him was because of his hoodie. It wasn't his features because he stood in a shadow, his face barely visible. It was because I'd seen him the first day I'd seen the school, walking into school with his grey hoodie. I hadn't realized that I'd come to identify him by his figure rather than his face.

His phone turned black. Now that I knew who he was, he seemed to be gesturing something. His finger pointed at me and then to himself.

If there was a time I hated myself for not being good at charades, now was it. When it was clear I wasn't getting it, he unlocked his phone. A few seconds later, my phone vibrated.

No freaking way.

I had tossed my phone on my bed, hoping to avoid it. No doubt there were articles about what had happened. Ever since the incident with Harry, Ridgeway was officially on the map. Besides that though, I expected my friends would be checking up on me. Recent and those I left behind.

And as I predicted, when I unlocked it there were quite a few messages but one in particular was from an unknown number.

'Can I come in?'

Is he mad? My eyes wondered to my door, thinking about where my dad, mom and brother would be right now. I shook my head, then remembering that he couldn't see me, I sent a message.

Then I paused. Should I let him come in? Should I be a little flirtatious, sassy even? Should I just say no, too dangerous? God, why was messaging your crush so hard?!

'I'm not sure how you'd come in.' I decided. I moved back to the window to see him reading my message.

Vibrate. 'So yes?'

Did I mean yes? I looked between him and my door, struggling to figure out how he'd get here without being seen. That, and that alone, was the only thing stopping me from figuring out whether I actually want him to come in or not.

When I looked back he had crossed the street. My eyes widened as he hopped the waist high fence without so much as a sound. Then he briskly walked to the side of the house.

The exterior was that of a typical Victorian house minus the porch. The second storey had a wraparound balcony, slanted downwards, separating the bricked wall. Other than that, there was nothing. Nothing for him to climb up on.

And yet he did. I watched as he found gaps that weren't there, his fingers wedging into slight gaps. His shoes barely made a noise as he hauled himself up a storey and onto the balcony, pulling himself up.

Then he was crouching on his heels in front of my window. In front of me.

What in the 'never have I ever'...

And that's how we stood. Looking back on it, I have no idea how he had the strength to do all that and then just wait for me. Me, in my dumb moments of moments, took a few minutes to figure out I should open the window for him.