Day 4|IV

A/N
Hey, sorry for the late update but I'm back now.

Just a warning of some sexual content so just look for a *** to know where to stop. Otherwise, enjoy.

Day 4|IV

"Zayne's okay. At least I think so." My mom went on to answer me. "When I told him I could see he was upset but he had work and everything so I left him."

My best guess, he either saw it coming or he was gonna bury himself in work to forget about the fact that he lost his sister overnight. Typical adult, thinking work can fix everything.

"Célia was here during school. She must've figured out what happened but came here just to confirm." My mom paused, no doubt trying to gain my reaction. "I'm sorry, hunny. I really am."

"Don't worry, mom. You did nothing." I bit my lip. I deserved this. I broke our promise and now lost her.

Many people wouldn't understand why it's such a big deal to me but then again many people might. It's not an uncommon thing when two people so close, bonded so tightly, suddenly stop speaking. Suddenly don't share those secret discrepancies and those memories get doused in sadness coupled with regret.

Now imagine that but with a town.

My mother reminded me that she'll be  by my side soon and that I should take care of my father before putting down. I smiled when I saw the money my mother sent for dinner, happy to have a distraction from my pissed off brother and broken best friend. Ex best friend.

By the time my dad came I had already set up the table. There was still left over pizza in the fridge but fried chicken and Pepsi was on the menu tonight.

"Alice!" My dad yelled. I raised an eyebrow and made my way outside where my eyes bulged.

His trunk was filled to the brim with boxes, each with stacks of paper in them. I did a quick count. Thirteen.

"Jeez, what is this?" I tried lifting up one. One end barely lifted off the trunk's floor.

"This is what a backlog looks like." My dad chuckled and grabbed the box I was trying to pick up. "The chief allowed me to take it home. I'm pretty sure they'd allow anything if it means getting rid of them."

"Yeah, who wants thirteen boxes of unsolved cases?" Absolutely madness. Then a thought struck me. "Wait is this all like recent? No cold cases, right?"

He shook his head and tapped a box. "All recent, all still active. Warm, I guess."

"Nice dad joke, there." I grumbled and lifted another heavy box. "Let's get this over with."

We made a few trips back and forth, each time lugging a box. Actually my dad managed sometimes two but one was the best I could do. I couldn't believe this was the backlog. I thought maybe they meant they needed my father to take some cases so they can get them out faster. Now looking at the amount of boxes stashed under the table and along the wall, I was thinking they needed him to do something even harder than that. Almost build the case himself.

I quickly made my dad eat with me knowing he'd dive straight into work again even though he just got home. He told me about the station and how he couldn't see anything else. The Chief, whose name was Naomi, said she'd show him around tomorrow.

"She wants to show me the layout but, most importantly, she wants to show me the house." He said between mouthfuls. I put my own piece of chicken down.

"Wait, house?"

He nodded. "The house of the boy that killed those three robbers. The chief told me his apparently this soccer star at Moirai. Crazy, right? A highschool soccer player killing three robbers."

I bit my lip, trying to figure out how to break the news to my dad. "I spoke to mom today and explained to her that all the other schools are out of town, the nearest being-"

"Moirai? Of course." He sighed and then met my eyes. I was alarmed to see them filled with guilt. "I'm sorry for dragging you here and now you're forced to go this school."

I smiled and reached out for him with my clean hand, placing my hand on top of his. "Relax, Dad. I've already decided that this is where I want to be. We'll anyways go look at the school when mom gets here."

He shook his head. "Tomorrow we'll get the chief to show us around and, if we like it, then we can enroll you right there and then."

Enroll right there and then? Jeez, okay. That took a fast turn. "Let's finish eating and then maybe I can help you with these boxes."

He helped me clear the dishes away and then explained to me what my job was. The cases were to be filed in three categories: Urgent, general time and low priority. Red, yellow and green. General time being cases that have to be completed in a set time but there wasn't such a push for it.

My dad went to work highlighting case files with me sorting them out but I was a little distracted. I kept wondering about the school and what this boy looked like. How does a person who killed three men look anyways? I immediately began picturing a sort of Hero-Fiennes-Tiffin-Hardin with tattoos, black swiveled hair and clothes. A typical hot boy.

"Go get done or something." My dad laughed. I realized that I'd been standing with a general-time file for how ever long. "I'll finish up as much as I can."

I smiled sheepishly and made way upstairs. Jeez, the After star really zoned me out. Was it the scenes with Tessa maybe? No, I realized, it was him. In drawing an image of this killer, I had subconsciously began comparing Hardin to the boy I met on the beach. He was far from him appearance-wise but made me feel the same way.

I remembered his eyes, so chaotic and breathtaking, that I hadn't even realized the colour. He was so dangerous, I realized, he could've done anything and he definitely gave off that vibe. As I got my towel, I felt like I was burning, thoughts of wanting him to tie me up piercing my mind.

The bathroom was modest, smaller than ours back at home but still modern enough to make you doubt that. I turned the shower on and waited for the bathroom to fog up, wondering if I'd let a stranger do that to me.

I've never done anything with Becket just because of my lack of desire to and I know from watching tik tok that there's this thing called sneaky links.

***

I stepped under the water, warmth spilling down my body, my hair sticking to my back.

He could do it probably. I'd finally met someone that set my insides alight. That scared me. Someone that could make me do things I've never done
A knot formed in my stomach. My hands braced myself on the wall in front of me as the heart grew. I pictured that unruly hair between my fingers, his busted hand around my throat.

I gasped as my hand found its way in between my legs. I remembered the rasp, broken voice warning me and imagined them telling me to go faster. Faster for him. Those eyes watching me. Their fire growing, growing. Hungry for more until I-

I bit my other hand as I orgasmed hard, leaning on the shower wall, breathing hard, legs shaking. Whimpering. I stood there for a few minutes, enjoying the satiable feeling of the water on me and the images of him watching me.

Crap.