Day 18

One benefit of taking care of Emily: We got to stay in.

The house was empty besides us so we stayed in pjs all day. I couldn't whip up a feast per se but I could do a decent breakfast while Emily chilled in front of the TV. I was technically supposed to study that Saturday but since Emily was here I thought it was a good enough excuse to skip and maybe catch up the next day. I mean she was supposed to leave the next morning so I technically had the whole day to catch up.

Emily and I were lounging around, talking about the different so called 'classics' in literature when I got a call from Shana.

"We got a problem." She immediately started though her tone was off. It wasn't a 'we're in trouble' tone but 'ready for tea'.

"Okay I'll bite. Fill my cup." I nodded, Emily sat up almost sensing the bisquits. I almost forgot she was a few years younger than me and not one of my friends.

"London is freaking, the hell, out." She spoke silently, almost hushed. Which is funny because it was only us. Well technically Emily was already eavesdropping but that's beside the point. "Get this, Bran and Danny went out today."

"Who's Danny? And it's only twelve." I wasn't surprised that news traveled that fast. It was a small town thing. But I was shocked at the time though.

"I think Danny is one of Jessica's friends. A cheerleader." Shana thought about it for a moment. "She's around really but that's not the point! London found out and she's not happy."

"But they aren't together, right?" I asked even though I was looking at Emily. She shrugged as if to answer. "I guess she's just mad he isn't flirting with her anymore."

"I think it's that. I don't think it was an actual date, ya feel?" Shana really has these moments when she bro's out. I guess that's a part of me too when I say you know a lot. "I just think the idea that Bran, the guy who flirts all the time with London, went out with someone else put a dent in her brain."

Emily nodded as if that made sense. "Typical book things. The girl doesn't realize someone's love until they're not there anymore."

I nodded, forgetting Shana was on the phone too. "Who said that? Is Emily listening to this?"

"Anyways, what's London up to now?" I asked instead. I wasn't gonna let her go all crazy just because Emily was there.

"I was on the phone with her all morning after she found out. I think Cass is there with her now and Annabeth will probably deal with it after she's done with whatever." Shana explained as some interference came through, almost as if she was busy grabbing something. "Don't get me wrong, I love London. But I've got things to do without worrying about Bran going out with whats-her-face."

Obviously I felt bad for London but, one thing I learnt from this thing with Harry is that, feelings between two people are dealt with between those two people. There's something about the understanding between them that no one will grasp. Thankfully I technically was busy so I wasn't dealing with that until at least Monday. And hey, momma Annabeth was there.

"What you thinking about?" Emily popped a potato chip in her mouth and chewed silently.

"I was thinking that Annabeth can handle it until Monday." I confessed, popping my own chip with a shrug.

"So you're friends with them? Annabeth?" I nodded in answer. "I think maybe you might need to talk to her too. Considering."

"Considering?" Confused, I asked. Then it occurred to me that maybe it was a Harry thing. "You mean her and Harry? Aren't they, like, best friends?"

She looked at me as if she realized what she had said, tucking a strand of stray hair behind her ear. "I shouldn't have said that."

Realizing what she meant I shook my head. "Oh yeah! Sure sure. Of course, I didn't mean to ask about Harry. Don't want to get into your business now."

She leaned forward and, this time, ran her fingers through her hair. Sighing, she locked eyes with me.

"Right, right. I started something, you weren't asking." She started, smiling. "I don't know about them being best friends and all. Maybe before Harry became weird but not after. You like him right?"

Immediately I shook my head. "N-no. Nope. I don't like your brother."

Her eyebrows furrowed. In other words, busted. "Look, I like you. You're decent. So I'll tell you this: Harry has probably spoken to you more than he has with Annabeth."

Wait, has he? I wasn't sure about that and I continued to wonder as Emily resumed her series.

She probably didn't know about that talk they had at the beach. I wasn't sure if anything had happened after that too. Sure, Harry has sat next to me at almost every lunch he attended but not so much as talked. He didn't really do that anymore along with smiling and generally emotions.

But then again the moment at school, the moments (plural) in my room, again they seemed completely different to anything else he did. Maybe Emily was right, she just didn't phrase it right. Maybe he did talk more with Annabeth but I sure as hell didn't think he spoke the same way he did with me.

"You're kinda messing with the TV." I looked up to see the TV perfectly fine then looked at her, confused. She playfully rolled her eyes. "You're thinking so hard about it, you're frowning."

I pushed her but it was a bit too strong and she almost fell off the sofa. Still, she laughed which had the same effect as being around Harry.

"You so did that on purpose."

That night Emily took my bed while I took the mattress on the floor. I wasn't even sure she was asleep but it had been a long day of lazing which was fine by me. I was completely exhausted. Hanging with Emily reminded me a little of the days I spent with Célia.

Gosh, that seemed like such a long time ago and yet it hadn't even been a month yet. I hadn't looked at any old pictures of us or new ones she posted. The thought made me kinda melancholy.

I was wrapped up in my thoughts and LED's when my phone vibrated. It was something to two and I didn't really chat to anyone past then so I was quite shocked.

I unlocked my phone and a smile grew on my face.

Stalker: <3