Day 1|II

"Célia..." I stumbled further back. Zayne was affected too. He too jumped up and pressed himself against the head board.

"When were you gonna tell me?" She questioned, her tone deathly calm.

I held up my arms. "I only found out today! I swear. This morning while you were sleeping, right before you came down!"

She lost some of her anger as she considered this. Unfortunately, my idiot brother decided to jump up.

"This looks like a tense situation so I'll just-" Célia turned her glare on him. "-keep sitting on this bed. Right!"

"Where?" Was all she said next.

"Ridgeway." I answered too hastily. Her eyes bulged.

"Ridgeway? You've got to be kidding me! How are you moving across the country?" She shouted, running her hands quickly through her hair.

"Well technically-" Zayne tried to help but with another look from Célia... "-I'm just a silent spectator to this conversation. I'll shut up now."

I cautiously moved forward. "I'm not moving. It's a choice."

She seemed to calm down at hearing what I said. "A choice? What is the second option then?"

"Stay here."

"Good, you're staying." She commanded. Zayne eagerly nodded his head, anything to get out of this situation.

"Come on, Célia. It isn't that simple." I tried once more. She crossed her arms and my brothers eyes instantly moved to a wall.

"Tell me how it isn't simple." She sighed. I approached her to explain.

"My parents are moving there and it's a hell of a lot closer to Saint Cli than Charringfall. It'll be easier to have someone that side of the country as a back up in case dorms and such doesn't work out." I tried. Could I have sensed this last night? Was it not Becket that made me feel this way but my parents and the impending decision?

"So you're actually considering moving?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I only found out this morning. Just give a minute, okay?"

Célia sat down next to me and grabbed my hand. My brother took his opportunity and got up and left, mumbling something about coffee.

"Here," Célia dug out my phone from somewhere and handed it to me. "It's the reason I actually came down here. I think Erin tried calling."

I suddenly remembered a few unread messages I had decided to ignore this morning. I checked each one and for each my eyebrows rose more.

"What?" Célia, instead of waiting patiently, peaked over my shoulder at the messages. "Ooo."

"Don't 'ooo'. It's nothing." I threw the phone on my brother's bed.

"Oh is that right? Then what's with that face?" She caught me out. Nonetheless, I remained stubborn.

"He just went to a party and smoked and had some drinks with Hannah. Hannah... Hannah."

"I think I heard it the first time." She laughed. Then she raised an eyebrow. "I'm not sure of this, correct me if I'm wrong, but why aren't you freaking out more about this?"

"I don't know. I guess I trust him." I tried for a smile but Célia wasn't convinced. Neither was I to be honest. "I guess I'm just worried about what I'm feeling. Or the lack of it. I don't feel like a 'I need to ask him something' or anything like that."

Célia grabbed my hand and stared intensely, surely looking for something. "Just don't leave because of him. Rather leave him."

After some time, we decided to go to a restaurant for lunch seeing as that my parents were still at home and Zayne wasn't gonna leave anytime soon.

Driving around was like walking in a cinematic view of Charringfall. It was weird sensation, I always drove this way yet after the announcement and, in a way, ultimatum it felt like I was driving slow for a different reason. As if I was taking everything in for the last time.

"Stop doing that." Célia snapped me out of my thoughts. Leave it to her to guess what I'm thinking with 100% correctness. She took one look at me and slumped against the window, quiet.

That's another thing that felt strange that day. A sudden tension between us like she knew my decision before I had even made it.

Obviously you know what decision I made in the end.

Célia tapped my arm and made me pull over by a rugged pier. Charringfall had a massive lake with a a pier lining one side of it. However, there were a few standalone piers.

The sun was at lunch, halfway between midday and dusk. It reflected harshly on the lake, definitely not an ideal time to watch the lake yet there was something beautiful about the harsh environment. Peaceful even.

"Promise you'll think about it. Properly." Célia begged me. We stood at the edge of pier. "Don't you dare leave because of Hannah or Becket."

"I promise." I numbly said.

The truth is I'd break that promise. I'd leave with my father one morning with a trailer without having said anything to my best friend, friends, brother or boyfriend.