Day 22|I

Foreward before we get started. I would suggest reading this as a prologue because next chapter is gonna be CRAZY! Also the songs are adding more than just vibes. 👀

Day 21

I was frustrated.

I had finished my work and studies quite quickly that day which surprised me seeing as there was a whole ass boy in my room. That left me staring at my books, pretending to work, for the last ten minutes. It hadn't been my fault either.

Immediately after the words left his mouth, it was almost as if someone had snapped their fingers. He instantly lowered me and pulled away as if the gravity of the words he had said had taken its toll. I stood there, confused and feeling like an idiot, before remembering that this was my house. If he was gonna shut down then I was going to carry on with my day. So I left him to change and when I came back he was seated on the floor, his back against my bed.

And there we were for the next two hours as the sun neared the horizon. Not a word said between each other. An uncomfortable yet somehow necessary silence.

Eventually something did happen that forced me to break said silence.

A noise came from outside that made my head turn. Harry was sitting with his head downwards between his arms, unmoving. I rolled my eyes and got up to check to see my parents pulling up the driveway.

It was weird to admit but the thought of Harry being in the house with my parents didn't make me panic. However the thought that I need to tell him to go (You know, actually talking to him.) made me uncomfortable.

"I have to go greet my parents." I spoke softly, not because of my parents but because I didn't want him to get any wrong idea. Though I wasn't even sure what idea I wanted him to grasp.

He simply nodded, not even bothering to lift his head nor look at me. I huffed and made my way downstairs. Twenty minutes later when I returned, he was gone.

The next day I definitely wasn't in a good mood and it was clearly reflected in the group. Bran was now avoiding all of us. Well when I say us I mean everyone except Harry who was god knows where. Annabeth seemed pissed too though I wasn't exactly sure why. Or whom.

Yep a perfect start to the day which of course just got better as lunch came by.

Bran, Cass, Shana, Annabeth and I were seated, eating quietly. I quickly realized that it had become a norm lately. It seemed like something was always happening that created friction between us. We could always ignore it when we're having classes but it was hard to do when all of the parties were sitting around a table.

I spotted London outside by the trees, gazing longingly every now and then at us. I think she was starting to regret what she pulled the day before. She may have taken it too far and was starting to realize Bran needed space. I felt sorry for her.

"Bran," I broke the silence, making everyone look up. I cleared my throat and focused on him who up till then had just been staring at his lunch. ", you okay?"

He sighed, his grey eyes seemingly darker as if it lost some of its light. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Translation: I don't know anymore.

I felt a bump against my leg. I raised an eyebrow at Annabeth who shrugged as if to ask 'What was that?'. In all honesty, I wasn't sure what I was doing. I figured I'd at least attempt to remind him he wasn't alone if I couldn't help him. She sighed too and returned to her food with a frown.

"What the hell..." Bran growled, his eyes fixed on something outside.

London.

We each took our time looking in the same direction and there she was. She was still seated on a bench underneath the tree but with Harry now kneeling in front of her. Everything seemed normal. They weren't arguing. They weren't too close. It looked like he was just talking to his friend. But I knew what everyone saw, the memory of her clinging to his arm still fresh in our minds. I could only imagine what Bran saw. Here was the guy who was your supposed friend that your crush made a big show with. You two were going through a rough patch and here was this friend moving in on your territory. You know, typical testosterone jealousy.

Then the world stopped. It was almost like someone put the world in slow-mo. Bran jumped to his feet, storming, no doubt, towards them as London ruffled Harry's hair and laughed.

Everyone else jumped up to chase Bran, to stop him when someone pulled me back. "Sorry, I just wanted to talk."

My eyes locked onto Jessica's clear blue ones. As usual she looked amazing but I didn't have the time to analyze every bit of her outfit. I was so confused already that adding the fact that out of all people Jessica stopped me was really pushing it.

"Oh Jess," I was trying very hard to be polite but I didn't want to waste anymore time than I had too. ", I know you want to talk and everything but I'm kinda-"

"Fight!" Some guy shouted. Immediately the majority sprang up and moved for a better view. I tried seeing myself but that's the downside of being so freaking short.

"Yeah, maybe later hey?" At least she looked sympathetic towards me but we both rushed forward.