Codrin

"The Common Welsh Green, or just Welsh Green, is a dragon native to Wales," the owner of the Romanian Dragon Sanctuary informs the eight of them.

He's a big, broad man, undoubtably strong, with untameable brown hair and a bushy beard, matching his unkept eyebrows. Isabelle spies several burn marks covering his arms, along with a nasty-looking scar that travels from his temple down his face, disappearing into his beard. Florin is his name, and he demanded they all call him by it. "None of this 'sir' or 'professor' business," he had told them.

"It nests in the higher mountain regions where a reservation has been set up for it. It is a green dragon, with a distinctive, musical roar," Florin continues, his voice naturally gruff and harsh, almost guttural. But his eyes hold a certain softness as he looks around at the eight students standing before him, as though remembering when he was in their position, many years ago.

"This dragon is a relatively subdued breed, and prefers to prey mainly on sheep and other small mammals and to avoid human contact altogether," Florin says, pacing back and forth in front of them with his hands clasped behind his back.

Isabelle watches him, listening intently as she stands next to Charlie. She's one of only two girls in the group of eight, the other six being boys, all of them either eighteen or nineteen, fresh out of school. The other girl in the group almost reminds her of Amelia, with dark brown hair and brilliant blue eyes, matching Isabelle's own. Her name's Elena, and she's apparently fought a dragon before — the only one out of all of them that has. Isabelle doesn't know whether that's true or not, but if it is, it's very impressive.

"The Welsh Green's roar is rather distinctive and somewhat melodious and it issues its fire in narrow jets," Florin continues. "The eggs of the Common Welsh Green are earthy brown, flecked with green."

The eight students studying dragons at the Sanctuary arrived only the day before, unpacking their stuff and having the opportunity to settle down in their huts. It's two per hut, Isabelle sharing with Elena, of course. Despite the girl's tough exterior, the brown-haired girl seemed to take a liking to Isabelle within the first couple of minutes knowing her, the two of them spending the entire afternoon in their hut, talking all about different creatures and their experience with them.

Elena told Isabelle all about her dragon encounter, of course, which was when she was much younger, wandering through the woods near her house at night. It was only a baby dragon, but she fought it off all the same. She didn't know what breed it was, not only because it was dark, but also because she was never interested in dragons before then. It was only after that she started becoming invested, truly invested, in dragons.

In return, Isabelle told Elena all about her fascination with dragons as a child, and how she studied them in France, but then moved up to Scotland to study creatures at Hogwarts. She told Elena all about their class trip to Tibet, and the close run-in with the Yetis that her and Charlie had. Elena was a good listener, her eyes widening at parts of Isabelle's story, gasping at other parts. It was a nice afternoon, and Isabelle is really glad to have made a good friend already.

"It is possible that a young Common Welsh Green may have been the actual cause of the Great Fire of London," Florin continues, Isabelle's eyes widening as she listens on. "The Ilfracombe Incident occurred in 1932, when a rogue Common Welsh Green attacked a group of sunbathers at Ilfracombe, in Devon, England. The attack was thwarted by the Toke wizarding family, who proceeded to cast the largest group of Memory Charms seen in the twentieth century."

Charlie glances down at Isabelle, who's staring intently at Florin, listening to what he's saying with immense interest. He smiles slightly to himself.

"The Toke family were subsequently awarded the Order of Merlin First Class, for their heroism and quick-thinking," Florin finishes. "However, this is a rare occurrence with a Welsh Green. They are usually relatively subdued, and I won't count on an incident like that happening again."