Together

It was a shock, to say the least. In fact, Isabelle still can't believe it's happening.

Prickle came in yesterday with two new assignments for them all, one which was a relatively simple one that just involved heading over to a nearby dragon sanctuary to help get everything under control, and one which was a massive task, involving finding a hidden tribe of dragons — all alleged Peruvian Vipertooths — that have escaped their native homeland and supposedly travelled up through Ecuador and Columbia, and are now in Venezuela.

They supposedly won't travel over the open ocean, and normally they wouldn't be a problem — because they'd just stay in their continent and they're not causing any destruction that even comes close to the Horntail's tearing apart of Vienna — but these Vipertooths have started eating children. There have been a number of Muggle sightings that all state they saw several massive copper-coloured beasts rain down on them from the sky and pick up their children. Indeed, several children, all across the three countries the dragons are rumoured to be, have gone missing. And even though the Muggles have been obliviated, they're still worried about their children. Which, of course, is understandable.

So that's the other assignment Prickle informed them all of, and that's the assignment Isabelle and her group now find themselves faced with. However, it's not just Isabelle's group that have been tasked with this assignment, but Charlie's as well.

It was a shock to both groups, to say the least, but Prickle did offer the eight of them some reasoning. She said that Charlie's group is the worst group in terms of teamwork that she thinks she's ever seen before in her life, but she's not going to split them up, because she wants them to learn how to work together. So, she said, by putting them with Isabelle's group — a group that works exceptionally well together — for a dangerous task that they all have to help each other with in order to succeed, she says that both team's group work will improve. Besides, this isn't a four person task, after all.

Charlie, of course, is thrilled to be working with Isabelle, and her same with him, but both groups are hesitant to come around to the idea of working with Ava. After all, by now, Jack, Seb and Grayson are thoroughly aware of the Ava situation, and all of them very much oppose her to say the least. So it's a very interesting dynamic, but Isabelle knows they need to make it work somehow, in order to complete this assignment successfully.

They're in Venezuela at the moment, of course, in Barquisimeto, a city along the Turbio River. It's a beautiful place, naturally, and Isabelle wants more than anything to just stop and sightsee, but she can't, having to focus on these groups of dragons that are stealing away and eating people's children. Which is actually proving to be much more difficult than Isabelle anticipated, seeing as neither Tracker from either group has been able to find so much as a lead on the Vipertooths, due to the absolute lack of corporation between everyone.

Even though Isabelle heard stories from Charlie about how bad his group is, she thought they might have been exaggerated, and didn't actually think it was going to be this awful. Now that Ava's in the same group as Isabelle, she's being a bitch directly to Isabelle's face, as well as flirting nonstop with Charlie. It's now seriously pissing everyone off, and Isabelle's so annoyed because she knows that if it was just her group tasked with this assignment, they'd at least be onto something by now.

"You better shut your fucking mouth."

It comes from Grayson, and Isabelle looks up, shocked. Along with everyone else. The ever-stoic, quiet Grayson who never intervenes in anything is now swearing at Ava? She must be dreaming.

"Excuse me?" Ava snaps, flicking her red hair out of her eyes.

"You're excused," Grayson snaps. "Now you better fuck off and leave Isabelle alone or we'll leave you behind."