Squid

"Wotcher, Issy," Tonks says, sporting long pink curls, tied back loosely in a half-up, half-down hairstyle that suits her quite well.

The metamorphagus grins broadly and slings an arm over the French girl's shoulders.

"I missed ya, pranking bud," she says, ruffling Isabelle's hair.

The golden-haired girl can't help but beam in return, giving Tonks a one-armed embrace, Olivia and Isaac coming over to greet her with a proper hug each, the two of them gushing at the stories they've heard about her trip away.

"Now now, class, settle down, settle down!" Professor Sprout's jolly voice calls out throughout the greenhouse.

Isabelle and her little group immediately fall silent, all of them still grinning, Tonk's arm wrapped determinedly around the French girl's shoulders.

"I would like to say a warm welcome back to Miss Leblanc," Professor Sprout continues, smiling down at Isabelle. "You had a good time away, I'm sure?"

"Oh, oui, professor," she smiles straight back, her eyes sparkling.

"Good, good," Professor Sprout says cheerily, before turning to the rest of the class.

"Now, as I'm sure you're all aware, your NEWTs are coming up at the end of next term, and while we still have a couple of plants left to cover this year, I want to get as much done this term so that you have these holidays and the majority of next term to study if you wish, which I highly suggest you do — use your time wisely," she warns, saying practically the same thing as Professor Kettleburn.

"So this lesson we're going to be moving on from the Bouncing Bulb and starting to focus on the Sneezewort, which will be our second-last plant to cover this year in Herbology," Professor Sprout continues.

"Who can tell me— ah, Olivia, go ahead," the teacher smiles down at the brown-haired girl next to Isabelle.

The Ravenclaw girl pushes her glasses up further on her nose before beginning, a broad smile still plastered upon her face.

"The Sneezewort is a species of herbaceous perennial flowering plant in the genus Archillea. It's poisonous to cattle, sheep and horses, and its leaves can be used as an insect repellent," she recites.

Professor Sprout beams.

"Excellent! Take ten points for Ravenclaw!" she exclaims. "Now, can anyone— yes, Isaac?"

"These plants are also most efficacious in the inflaming of the brain, which is why the Sneezewort is used as an ingredient in the making of various potions, such as the Befuddlement Draught, and the Strong Invigoration Draught," the black-haired boy says with a smile at Olivia.

"That's most correct! Take ten points for Hufflepuff," Professor Sprout says, before continuing on with the lesson, showing off the white-flowering plant to all the students and explaining how and why the plant does what it does and is used the way it's used.

The lesson flies by, Isabelle hugging her Herbology friends goodbye and heading up to the Great Hall for lunch, sitting with the Gryffindor trio, as per usual, which is now joined by Charlie.

In fact, over the next couple of weeks, Charlie becomes more and more part of the group, until Maisie, Ollie, Noah and Isabelle hardly go anywhere without him. Charlie and Noah really hit it off, talking nonstop about quidditch, the other three sharing an eye roll whenever the two boys get together to talk about their sport.

Charlie feels so much better over the next couple of weeks as well, having realised just how much having a good group of friends can improve your mood and make you feel like you belong. Of course, even with his three new friends, Charlie prefers Isabelle's company above all others, him hardly ever not being around her now.