Model

"I don't like this," Charlie seethes. "It isn't a good plan."

"It is a good plan," Isabelle says. "It is just going to be shit because we have to be away from each other for so long."

"Shit is the right word," Daniel huffs, also upset, rather like Charlie.

Isabelle and Charlie have just gotten back from their honeymoon, which was a lovely and beautiful trip to Greece, but now they're back in Romania, and they're talking with Daniel and Elena about an urgent request from Dumbledore.

Now that You-Know-Who's back and the entire Ministry is in denial, purely because of the stupid antics of Fudge, calling both Harry and Dumbledore delusional, gaining up allies to their cause is proving difficult. All Isabelle and Charlie's friends from back at Hogwarts have agreed to fight if and when they need to, and they've been keeping in touch, but their Ministry friends, even those who Isabelle thought would be able to see past Fudge's stupidness, like Seb, Jack and Grayson, have been unresponsive and clearly against what the Order of the Phoenix are trying to do.

Dumbledore seems to have realised this, and knows that if the time comes to fight unexpectedly, they might not have many allies in Britain. Therefore, he has requested that Isabelle and Charlie start looking all over Europe, and start making connections and start easing the people they meet into what's going to be the inevitable: war.

Isabelle's had success in talking to Cristian and the others, of course, but she agrees wholeheartedly with Dumbledore: they need more people. That's the only thing for it. And so the four of them have gotten together now, and devised a plan. A good plan, but a shitty plan at the same time.

And the plan is that both Elena and Isabelle will become international fashion models, travelling all around Europe with the reporters of Witch Weekly, where every week they'll be in a different country in Europe, wearing a different outfit, and modelling for all the famous and high-class witches and wizards in the area.

While they're travelling, they're to make as much of an impression as possible, getting to know people and perhaps once they get influential enough, they can talk in passages in the magazine about needing to band together to fight You-Know-Who when the time comes.

It's a good plan, because it'll work. Isabelle knows it'll work. She knows that her and Elena will be able to make an impact and get people to listen to them. They'll be able to rally a force.

But it's a shitty plan because it means leaving Charlie and Daniel behind at the Sanctuary. After all, someone needs to keep the place up and running and take care of the dragons, and seeing as Charlie's in charge and he trusts Daniel more than anyone else... they're the best ones for the job.

"You'll be able to keep tabs on us with every edition of Witch Weekly," Elena says to the men. "Get a subscription or something to the Sanctuary. Besides, we'll owl you all the time, and let you know how it's going."

"We are not saying we will not miss you, because we will," Isabelle adds, "but it is a good plan, and it will work. We need to do this so we do not lose when the war is upon us."

Both men are silent. They look at each other. Eventually, they sigh.

"We know," Charlie says heavily. "We just wish you didn't have to go. I remember the last time you were gone, Isabelle, and that was only for a few months. This time, it'll be for over a year. That's... that's a long time, love."

Isabelle's silent for a moment.

"I know," is all she says, not trusting her voice to continue. It'll be hard. She knows it'll be hard. But she also knows it's for the best.