Croatia

The first few weeks were difficult, but with Madeline's kindness and help, both Isabelle and Elena have fallen into the rhythm of things, and are starting to enjoy themselves, even if they do miss those they've left behind.

It's been almost six weeks that they've been away for, now, and after Slovakia, they went to Norway, Moldova, Turkey and Andorra, and now they've found themselves in the beautiful country of Croatia. They're right near the ocean, which is a blue more startling and stunning than any body of water Isabelle's ever seen before. There's a mountain of green behind them, and Isabelle just knows the photographs are going to be beautiful for the magazine, and the crowd of high-class witches and wizards are going to love it.

"Here, let me."

Isabelle smiles and turns around, moving her hair off her back and allowing Madeline to zip her dress up from behind.

"Thank you."

"My pleasure," Madeline grins, but then her happiness seems to falter.

Isabelle frowns. "Are you ok?"

Madeline nods instantly, as if out of habit, but then sighs and shakes her head.

"If I'm completely honest, I find myself missing my girlfriend more and more each day. And not just because we're far apart," Madeline drops her voice to a whisper, "it's because I'm starting to become worried... about her safety."

"And the safety of the rest of the world too, I assume?" Isabelle questions gently, her voice also hushed.

Madeline's eyes widen slightly, but she continues to nod.

"Can I let you in on a secret?" Isabelle whispers. She smiles as Madeline nods further and moves closer to her.

"Elena and I are not here for the reason we say we are."

The curly-haired girl frowns. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that we are on a mission of sorts."

"A mission?"

Isabelle nods. "As I think we have already told everyone here, Elena and I are from the Romanian Dragon Sanctuary, but we went to Hogwarts for our schooling. At least, Elena was at Hogwarts for her entire education, while I was at Beauxbatons, and then went to Hogwarts for my final year. This means that we know Albus Dumbledore personally. And he has asked us to do something."

Madeline's eyes are just growing wider and wider and wider.

"What has he asked you to do?"

"To spread the word."

"The word?"

Isabelle nods. "Oui. To spread the word that He Who Must Not Be Named has indeed returned, even if the Ministry of Magic is in denial."

Madeline breathes in deeply.

"I thought he had," she says softly. "I always thought he had, even if Fudge won't say so."

Isabelle finds herself sinking in relief. This conversation is already heading in the right direction, and she thinks it'll only continue going well.

"Dumbledore has asked Elena and I to travel around and meet as many people we can, and spread the word. He believes a war is coming, how soon, he does not know. But I agree with him."

"A war? Oh my," Madeline places a hand over her mouth and starts shaking her head.

Isabelle grimaces. "I know, it sounds horrible, but it sounds possible. More than possible. Dumbledore says that even if we cannot rally anyone to fight, because he will not ask or demand anyone to fight, we must at least spread the word to everyone we can."