Crushed

"What is going on?"

She gets ignored.

"Charlie."

No response.

"Charles Weasley, you tell me what zee fuck is going on right now."

Her voice comes out as a low growl, and the red-headed boy whips around to face her, his eyes wide. He's never heard her this upset before, he realises in this moment as he comes face to face with his narrow-eyed girlfriend.

"You 'ave been ignoring me for zee past two monz, and you 'ave been grumpy for monz before zat. Tell me what is going on. What 'ave I done?" Isabelle glares at him, utterly fed up with his attitude and quite frankly rather hurt that he's been treating her this way without even telling her why.

"Oh, I'm the one ignoring you, am I?" Charlie snaps, taking a step towards her. Isabelle's brows furrow. "As soon as we get here, the second we arrive at this place, you barely talk to me, too busy hanging out with all your new 'friends.'" His fingers make quotation marks in the air, and his voice starts to get louder. Isabelle has a feeling he's been bottling this up for a really long time.

"I'm meant to be your boyfriend, Isabelle!" Charlie hisses. "You could have at least acknowledged my existence from time to time, instead of going ahead and flirting with every new man you meet—"

"Flirting? Excuse you?" Isabelle asks, incredulous.

"Oh, please," Charlie snaps. "Don't think I didn't see you getting all cosy with all of the guys here. And now you sneak off to that stupid village as well, hanging out with this Cristian and his friends. Like the foreigners, do we?"

"Charlie!" Isabelle exclaims, shocked and furious. "Would you just listen to yourself? Just because you 'ave never interacted properly wiz another 'uman before in your life does not mean you 'ave zee right to assume every display of friendly be'aviour you see is flirting! I am allowed to 'ave ozer friends. I am allowed to 'ave guy friends. I am allowed to 'ang out wiz guys ozer zan you. So don't you dare tell me ozerwise!"

"You're awfully close to those other guys though, aren't you? You've been hanging out with them more than your own boyfriend! Do they mean more to you than I do now? After you've only known them for, what, half a year?"

"Are you serious? I woz 'anging out wiz zem a lot in zee beginning to get to know zem! I am sorry if I did not pay you enough attention back zen, but you 'ave 'ad so many opportunities to just join in our conversations. And I cannot exactly 'ang out wiz you more zan zem if you are so keen on completely ignoring my entire existence just because you felt left out for a little while!"

Charlie opens his mouth to retort, but Isabelle, utterly furious, beats him to it.

"You do not get to react zee way you did. You do not get to completely ignore your own girlfriend and make 'er feel like shit just because she 'as people ozer zan you zat she is close to. You do not get to ignore me just because I 'ave ozer guy friends and you got jealous. You 'ave nozing to be jealous of. I do not like any of zem in zat way — if you 'ad any social sense, you would know zis!"

"So now you're resorting to insulting me? How mature!" Charlie scoffs sarcastically, but a bit of his fight has faded. He only seems to be continuing to argue to defend his pride.

"YOU 'AVE BEEN INSULTING ME FOR ZEE PAST TWO MONZ!" Isabelle screams, finally breaking. "YOU 'AVE INSULTED ME BY COMPLETELY IGNORING MY EXISTENCE! DO YOU KNOW 'OW 'ARD IT IS TO FEEL LIKE YOU 'AVE LOST ZEE ONE PERSON YOU CARE ABOUT MOST IN ZEE WORLD? BECAUSE I DO! IT 'URTS, CHARLIE! I 'AVE ALREADY LOST SOMEONE I LOVED MORE ZAN ANYZING AND NOW I AM LOSING YOU TOO BECAUSE OF YOUR SHITTY ATTITUDE!"