Tournament

"What happened? Is everyone ok?" Elena asks as soon as Isabelle and Charlie arrive back in Romania.

"Oui, we are ok, it was just really unexpected," Isabelle replies, plonking herself down on the floor of Charlie and Daniel's hut, where the four of them have gathered.

Elena and Daniel obviously heard about what happened at the Quidditch World Cup, and knew that Isabelle and Charlie were there with Charlie's family, so, worried, they've been asking what's happened and what's going on, as the Daily Prophet has downplayed it and made it out to not be that much of a big deal, aside from the Dark Mark sighting.

Charlie starts talking about what actually happened, and how he and Isabelle and the others joined some Ministry officials to try to get control over the marching crowd, who were most likely Death Eaters, even though that hasn't been explicitly stated. He talks of how they eventually won out over the supposed Death Eaters and how they got the Muggle family to safety, but not before all the masked people had disappeared, leaving the Ministry unable to identify any one of them.

"Well, shit," Daniel mumbles, shaking his head.

"Yeah, that just about sums it up, alright," Charlie nods grimly. "It was a shock for the kids, too — Ron was shaking when he entered the tent again."

"Oui, I noticed that," Isabelle says softly. "But at least the Hogwarts students will have something to look forward to this year."

Elena frowns. Then, "Oh, of course!" she exclaims. "The Triwizard Tournament! How could I forget?"

Charlie nods along, his face morphing into a wishful grin. "I wish I was back at Hogwarts this year."

"Well, you might not after you hear about the first task," Daniel pipes up. "Florin told us about it just yesterday."

"How does Florin know about it?" Isabelle frowns.

"Because Dumbledore owled him directly, saying that him and the judges have organised all three of the tasks already and that they need Florin's help with the first one," the blond boy answers.

"What do you mean by 'help'?" Charlie asks, narrowing his eyes suspiciously.

"He means that the first task is dragons," Elena says, somewhat grimly, somewhat excitedly.

"Dragons?" Isabelle repeats, eyes wide in shock.

Daniel nods.

"Yup," he says. "Florin told Elena and I about it yesterday with strict instructions. We're to tell you two, but absolutely no one else: it's still confidential, you see, as the Tournament hasn't even started up yet. However, Florin has let the four of us in on it, and we're to use the next month or so to ready three female dragons who have either just started laying or are currently pregnant."

"Why female?" Isabelle asks immediately. "What is with this laying business?"

"Florin hasn't exactly told us," Elena says hesitantly. "But Dan and I've been brainstorming some ideas."

"Because there seems to be a focus around females and their eggs," Daniel says, continuing along from the black-haired girl, "and because we all know that females of any sort, but especially female dragons, get extremely protective over their young, we've kind of assumed that the Triwizard Champion will have to get past the crazy and violent mother to either get to her eggs or get to her young."

There's a pause.

"Well, shit," Charlie says, mimicking Daniel from just before.

"Yeah, that just about sums it up, alright," Daniel nods grimly, but with a twinkle in his eye.