Chapter 10

The crowd is increasing each time I lay my eyes on the surrounding. A heir is important for the Uchiha clan because King Fugaku doesn't want to hand the throne over to another family even though they claim themselves as Uchiha.

My eyes are on the chair King Gaara is sitting on, is that made of gold? King Gaara notices my gaze. He says coldly,"Where are your eyes on? Are you having any problem?" I startled. I reply,"N-No it's nothing." King Gaara averts his gaze.

Princess Temari who's sitting beside his brother Gaara starts to talk,"I don't like how things work here. Shouldn't King Sasuke already be here? He isn't even greeting other kings, isn't it kind of rude?" Kankuro agrees,"I think Temari is right." Gaara says coldly,"I don't care, I'm here to discuss something with Sasuke, something important."

Suddenly my eyes goes to the stairs catching some rare brightness. Sasuke is coming down with all of his subordinates. He really looks like a king with his appearance. It feels like nothing can shine as bright as him. His hair is well styled, his suit is custom made only for the royals, there's a sword with him. Carrying a sword is a tradition, it's not the era of sword now.

The princesses who came for him, are gawking at him. People are talking while their eyes are on Sasuke. Sasuke's stare is cold. We're in the first row and closest to Sasuke.

Kankuro makes fun of King Gaara seeing Sasuke,"You should marry soon too Gaara, you are growing old." Temari snorts,"Did you forget Kankuro, you are the older one?" Kankuro clicks his tongue in annoyance.

Soon I see Sasuke coming toward us when he notices Gaara sitting right in front of him. Our eyes still didn't meet. Seeing Sasuke king Gaara gets up from his chair. There's a light smile plastered on king Sasuke's lips which seems fake, anybody can look through it.

King Sasuke says being appreciative,"I'm really glad to see you here ,Gaara of the sand." Gaara smiles a little and then nods. King Sasuke's eyes fell upon princess Temari who has a scowl on her face. He says to Temari while shaking Kankuro's hand,"Oh I didn't think the princess who's famous for being merciless will be here too."

Temari says with her bold voice,"Don't think it as a wrong way King Sasuke , I'm not here to marry you." King Sasuke says,"Of course you are not." King Gaara says to Sasuke,"I'd like to stay here for today, I've some important business to deal with you." King Sasuke replies,"Of course, you are more than welcome to stay here."

Then I see his eyes on me suddenly after all of those introduction with them, I'm the least interesting after all. His eyes didn't hold any emotion. He averts his eyes after that and says to King Gaara,"Please enjoy, I have to meet up with certain persons." King Gaara nods and takes seat like before.

I'm standing here gawking at everything in awe. People who are at the top of the social stairs and who are rich are only allowed to be welcomed here. Slaves like us are allowed here just because we have hands and legs to work for the royalty.

A blue haired Hyuga princess enters the castle holding his brother's hand who's the heir of the Hyuga clan. Suddenly everyone's eyes fell upon them, they are like purple or blue ray, that's illuminating the whole palace. They follow their father from behind with due obedience who just went to talk to the former king Fugaku.

Gaara catches me eyeing everything happening around us. He says coldly,"Would you like to take a seat here, you are standing here for awhile." Kankuro says rolling his eyes hearing what Gaara just proposed me to do,"Why would you treat a mere servant like him that generously?" King Gaara ignores what his brother just said, he's still looking at me, waiting for me to say something.

I reply smiling nervously,"Thanks for being considerate my lord. It's not any problem for me to stand here like this." Before king Gaara can say anything princess Temari cuts him off by saying,"He said, he doesn't want to sit. You don't have to push him Gaara." Gaara sighs and turns his face from me.

"May I have your attention please?" We hear prince Itachi talking. Everyone turns their attention to him. He says coughing a little clearing his voice,"I'd like to start the ceremony here. Everyone knows here, a heir is one of the most important matters for Uchiha clan. Being the most powerful clan in the world, Uchiha clan has more enemies then allies. Years by years the people from Uchiha clan are shrinking. That's why a marriage is one of the most important events for Uchiha royalty."

King Fugaku goes ahead. He says," All of the princesses here are from big and important nations, I'm really glad that all of you beauties considered my son to make your fiance. But my son needs to choose one from all of you."

The arrogance from the Uchiha royalty is visible. All of the princess are sent here to marry the king for power or wealth. Not every one is lucky enough to be an Uchiha bride. A man enters the room, who looks intimidating and beside him there's a white spiky haired handsome male who's grinning at certain person. I hear men from behind talking,"Isn't that guy another Uchiha prince? Obito Uchiha?" "Yes, King Sasuke's cousin. Beside him, isn't that the son of the white fang of Konoha?" "Yeah, that's Kakashi Hatake."

I'm really clueless. I've never heard any of them. I see King Gaara getting up and joining them. Powerful people always have to interact with powerful people.

And here I'm really confused. Should I follow king Gaara? Prince Itachi surely told me to stick around him. I hear princess Temari talking,"You don't have to follow him everywhere. They might be talking about important political stuffs." Ohh, she was talking to me. I smile and nod.

Soon, all of them turns to face us. Princess Temari gets up and shows some enthusiasm at them. Suddenly I felt eyes on me. That white haired male is staring at me weirdly like the pervy white haired male looked at me before.

He whispers something onto prince Obito's ear and he quickly looks at me too. Do I have something on my face? Why am I attracting so much people?

The spiky haired male who's name is Kakashi heads toward me. Suddenly I feel anxious. All of them are staring at us. He says to me putting his hand on my shoulder in a friendly manner,"Do you work here as a slave little boy?" I nod not knowing what to call him. He says looking serious in his eyes,"But you look familiar, way too familiar." I frown but kept myself quite. Prince Obito comes forward and says to Kakashi,"Stop doing that Kakashi, you are making him anxious."

Kakashi nods staring at my eyes and removes his hand from my shoulder. King Gaara calls for me,"Hey, come here." I quickly run toward him trying to run away from those intimidating males who are looking at me somewhat suspiciously. I ask King Gaara stopping in front of him,"Do you need something my lord?"

King Gaara says,"No, it's nothing. Just stand beside me quitely." I eye the surrounding. Sasuke is nowhere to be found. Why am I even searching for him? That night doesn't even mean anything. Now he'll marry some beautiful princess and give birth to a gorgeous child.

"Hey that's Sir Minato!" I hear Kakashi talking. Who's Minato? I turn my head to see the couple entering the palace. I felt my eyes almost popping out. That man who's entering looks almost like me. Same yellowish blond hair, blue shiny eyes and a gorgeous face. The woman who looks like his wife has long beautiful red hair. They are holding hands.

Why do they look so familiar to me? Like I know them for years? Is that why people looking at me like that? I'm not that much shallow to notice how much identical the man and I look. Almost like a father and son.