[73] Tell Me You Love Me

A/N. Reader Discretion Advised because there's a few steamy moments. 😉🔥

Demi's P.O.V.

With an exhausted sigh, I dropped my keys onto the table by the door after entering my house. My fingers ran through my hair as my stomach begged for food, growls rattling my spine. The house was mostly dark, meaning Eddie was out with Dallas and Maddie at the movies. A dim light came from the direction of the kitchen, so I sauntered that way, a hand still in my hair.

"Hey, Momma," I greeted glumly.

She smiled wide. "Hey, baby!" Her smile fell when I approached the table, causing her to notice my expression. "You okay? Do you need to go rest?"

I shook my head, though I was really feeling tired from lack of nutrients; I hadn't eaten all day from the desire to lose weight before going on tour in three months. "I'm good, Momma." I sat in a chair. "Can we talk about Thanksgiving?"

She nodded and clasped my hands in hers on the table. "What's up? Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just feel really conflicted. Thanksgiving's always so triggering for me, but I want to enjoy it this year. I just don't know if I'm expected to spend it with Ansley or not. We've been together for, like, two months, and we're pretty serious. But I also don't want her to see me all triggered on Thanksgiving. I don't know what to do." I removed one of my hands from hers and covered my face, feeling so ashamed of my own traumas.

She scooted her chair closer to me and stroked my hair, holding me close as I began to cry. "Hey, now, it's okay, baby girl. I understand. But if I remember correctly, didn't she used to struggle with an eating disorder some herself?" she asked, calmly to prevent this from escalating into a panic attack.

I nodded, my head on her shoulder. "But she's over it."

She shook her head. "Honey, you know there's no such thing as being over that sort of thing. I'm sure she struggles with it every day, the same as you do. Recovery's an ongoing battle, and you know that. I'm sure this holiday will be triggering for her as well, don't you think?" she asked.

I nodded again, wiping my tears as I sat more upright; her hand remained on my back. "Especially since both of her parents are gone, and she and her brother aren't on the greatest terms anymore."

"Exactly, honey. People aren't as fine on the inside as they appear from the outside. And since she'll be struggling with some of those things as well, maybe it would be a good idea for you to spend Thanksgiving with her and Jacob." Her thumbs ran along the creases under my eyes to wipe away my teary mascara.

"But what about you guys? I don't want to not be with all of you..." I feared my family resenting me for ditching them for my girlfriend.

"Would you want to invite her to join us here?"

My face lit up at that idea. "Would you be okay with that?"

She laughed a little and looked around the kitchen. "Well, we certainly have the room. The more, the marrier. And we'd all love to get to know her more as your girlfriend."

I smiled at that. "Thank you, Momma."

After that, we then jumped into the details of the food, times, who would be cooking, stuff like that. Dallas and Maddie and Eddie came home a little while later and confirmed all of the plans with us.

About an hour later, I finally went up to my room. It was only about ten, but I felt so sleepy. I found myself regretting leaving Ansley's so early, wishing I was still in her arms, safe and comfortable. Deciding it was time for me to go to bed, I entered my bathroom to take the rest of my makeup off and brush my teeth. Once I reentered my room, my phone rang on the bed. Ansley.