[10] Don't Run

A/N
OMG I JUST REACHED 1k READS THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! As a reward, here's chapter 10! Love y'all!

Ansley's P.O.V.

My cheeks turned a burning red and I lifted my notepad to my face, covering it as I backed to the hallway into the bathroom.

"Ansley! Ansley wait!" Demi called after me.

Demi put her drink down and followed me so I locked the door. She started tapping on the door.

"Ansley? I know you're in here. Come out, please. Let's talk about this," she whispered through the door.

My knees went weak and I felt in front of the toilet. Food. I ate food. I gripped the sides of the toilet as hard as I could. Almost half. I ate almost half of it. And drank my smoothie.

Demi's fists banged on the door rapidly as she screamed my name. I ignored her beautiful voice calling my name and threw up everything I ate.

Demi's P.O.V.

I could hear her. Gagging. Crying. Regretting. My heart beat fast. This wouldn't have happened if I hadn't gone back for my damn drink. This was my fault. I ran from the door to the counter were a boy who worked there stood. His name tag said Cody.

"Ansley is in the bathroom throwing up! Give me the keys! Please!" I begged him.

"I-I can't give you keys..." He nervously argued.

"Then you open the door! Please! I'm scared as hell! Open the dam-dang door!" I screamed, looking around to see if any kids were around. Only a few adults. Thank god.

His eyes scanned the diner. "I-I... fine."

The notepad dropped from his hands to the counter and he grabbed a key hanging from a key holder on the wall, then ran to the bathroom. I followed him anxiously. He fumbled with the key and shakily turned it in the keyhole, unlocking the door and throwing it open. My eyes widened as Ansley was leaning against the wall, her eyes pained and her skin pale.

"Ansley!" I yelled loudly, quickly squatting beside her body and tapping her cheek. She was dazed, not even acknowledging my hand against her face. Damn it. "Don't close your eyes! Stay with me, Ansley! Hold on! You," I pointed to the boy who worked at the diner, "help me carry her to my car! Now! Hurry!"

He bent down and slipped his arms under her underarms and picked her up, putting her over his shoulder. He stepped out of the bathroom quickly and entered the main part of the diner again. I fanned Ansley with my hand as we walked until her eyelashes started to flicker. She lifted her head and checked her surroundings, then we made eye contact.

"Cody, put me down!" She yelled with all of her strength. "Let go of me! Put me down!"

She kicked until Cody put her down on a stool and she gripped the counter to steady herself, looking quite adorable an innocent as she was dizzy, but then she grew angry.

"What were you doing? You should have left me there!" She crossed her arms over her hella good looking chest.

"Never would I ever leave you," I replied in a whisper.

"Why not? I'm not good enough. Why would you ever want to spend time with... me?" She said in disgust.

"Because you're my friend," I said in a soft tone, trying to ease her tension. "I don't want you doing this to yourself, Ansley. Please."

"I'm just a mess. I don't want to hurt you. You should be out with your friends, not me," she looked down, sad.

I squatted in front of her and looked up at her. "You're my friend. And I don't think you're a mess, or a fuck up, or a mistake, I think you amazing and I want to get to know you for who you are. Please give me a chance to do that."