[15] Nerf or Nothin

Demi's P.O.V.

"Team up!" Maddie shouted. "Seventh graders against everyone else. Nerf Gun Battle. Make sure you're wearing dark colors."

It was about six forty-five and it was getting dark so Maddie turned all of the lights off to make it a little harder and more fun. Good thing I was wearing dark clothes. Dallas was, too, but Ansley was wearing her diner uniform so some of her legs and arms were exposed.

"Ansley, if you want, you can borrow some of mine," I suggested.

"No, it's okay. Don't worry about it," Ansley objected.

"I insist!" I smiled.

I grabbed her hand and sprinted up the stairs to my room. Even though she was taller than me, she was smaller around than me, so if anything, my clothes would fall right off of her. I motioned towards my bed in my room and she sat on it, looking around. I had several shelves with pictures, awards, my Teen Choice Awards surfboards leaned up in one corner, a guitar leaning against them, all that stuff. My bed was huge and had several pillows on it. Call me a child, there were stuffed animals in my walk in closet. No lie. But Wilmer had learned not to laugh about it. In fact, he thought of them as rather cute because I would cuddle up with them and a blanket in my pajamas. One of my walls had a painting I did on it. I loved painting. It was a good escape. By how it sounds, you'd assume it was a child's room, but if someone looked in it, it would look like an adult's room. Don't get me wrong, I was a total child. Sure, I was going to be twenty-two tomorrow, but I was also about to play a competitive game of Nerf Guns with my sister and her friends. Age says nothing with me!

I skipped over to my drawer where I kept sweatpants and t-shirts and I dug until I found my black sweatpants and a random black t-shirt. When I turned to face Ansley, she was looking around my room. I smiled at the floor.

"What?" she asked as I giggled.

"Nothing," I smiled at her and set the pants and shirt on the bed. "You can wear these."

"I don't know if they'll fit," she looked at them. "They might be too small. I don't want to stretch them out."

"If anything, they will be too big on you and fall off. You're tiny, Ans," I told her. "You can change in the bathroom if you want, or I can go outside or something."

"I'll just change in the restroom," She stood up from the bed.

"It's right there," I smiled an pointed to a door and she walked through it, shutting the door behind her.

When she came out with her clothes folded in her hands, a smile spread across my lips. The clothes were a little baggy on her, but personally, I thought it looked cute. Maybe even hot. I mean, a beautiful, sexy girl like her was wearing my clothes. What was I supposed to think?

"Whatcha think?" she asked.

"You look...great," I smiled, my eyes wide. She smiled back.

At the bottom of the stairs, she put her clothes in her bag that she set down by the door when she walked in, and then followed me into the big living room.

"Rules: you get hit and you're out," Drew explained the rules to us. "Don't lie about if you got hit or not because that just causes arguments. Plus, this is supposed to be fun and there's no fun in arguments. Play fair. When you get out, you sit at the kitchen table. You guys hide first. We'll count to sixty at the table with our heads down while y'all hide. You're allowed to move while hiding like freeze tag, except instead of freezing, you go to the kitchen. I'll be guarding the kitchen table and holding weapons. Got it?"

"Got it," we all replied.

They went to the kitchen table and put their heads down on the table.