[33] Not A Good Remedy

Ansley's P.O.V.

I woke with a huge headache. I sat up and squinted as the sun slipped through the blinds directly at me, so my hand shielded it, cupping the side of my face. There was a light tap at the door before Hayden walked in.

Where was I and why was Hayden there? I didn't sleep with him, did I? Why did I have a headache?

"Mr. Volunteer H. Blake at your service," he smiled.

He was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, barefoot.

"What? What happened?" I asked tiredly with my hand on my forehead, caressing my temples.

"I found you at a bar last night around midnight or so. You had three grams of cocaine in your purse and you were drunk as hell," he chuckled. "You called me Mr. Volunteer H. Blake because my name tag said H. Blake and I was a volunteer cop."

"I remember some of that," I fell backwards onto the bed, staring at the ceiling.

He sat on the edge of the bed with a hand on my knee. "I'm guessing you're feeling the alcohol now?"

My eyes closed, my hand still on my head, as I nodded. "Mhmm."

"Okay," he pat my knee before standing up again. "I'll get you some Advil."

He made his way to the door and, with all of my strength, I sat up, supporting myself with my elbows.

"Hey, Hayden?" my voice was weak, and I was nearly taken by surprise as I didn't trust my own voice for a moment before I cleared it. He turned around to face me, standing in the doorway. "Thank you."

He grinned. "No problem. What are friends for?"

I smiled, wincing at the pain it caused, and closed my eyes again until he returned with a small bathroom cup of water and two pills in his palm. I swept them out of his hand and placed each of them in my mouth, washing them down with water before I gulped and sighed, leaning against the pillow, feeling awkward.

"What happened?" he took the cup from me and put it on his nightstand, sitting back on his bed. "Like, before you went out and did that?"

"Well," I sat up straighter, "you know how Demi's been avoiding me and how I won't allow Jacob to go over to her house?"

I had told him this Wednesday.
"Yes," he nodded, allowing me to continue.

"Jacob had to go over last night for a project and Demi brought him and his friend, Drew, home. Jacob and Drew went to Drew's apartment to either work on homework or give Demi and me some time alone. So, there's a knock at my door and I expect to see Jacob on the other side, but it's Demi. We fight for a while until we get to a small forgiveness part, where I then fall asleep, and when I wake up, she's looking at my drawing book that I specifically told her not to, so I yelled at her to get out," I explained.

"So she just showed up at your doorstep?" he rose an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Yep. Shallow, I know. She's forgiven, though," I shrugged.

"You forgave her?" he seemed shocked.

"She got my brother to eat. But she has a lot to still be forgiven for. It doesn't change anything between us, though. I just said it so she'd shut up. I'm still pissed at her," I sighed.

"I can't believe she would do that. That girl... Gosh, she needs a reality check. She needs to be put in her right mind," he shook his head with a sigh.

"Daddy," Addison stood in the doorway. "I'm ready."

"Did you finish your breakfast, sweetheart?" Hayden turned his head to his daughter instead of to me.
She looked down at the ground and twisted the tip of her shoe on the ground with her hands behind her back. "Um... Uh..."