[38] Friendship and Sacrifice

A/N
Too tired to edit mistakes but here you go, guys.

Demi's P.O.V.

"I mean...a um...celebrity crush," she seemed uncertain, but who was I to believe she actually had feelings for me? I was just a girl she met a few weeks before, who had decidedly become bisexual because of her best friend, and for all I knew, she could have just been trying to make me feel better.

The silence was awkward after that, because we laughed it off, then neither of us knew what to say.

She was so cute, though. She made me want to cuddle her like a kitten, yet sometimes play rough with her like a dog. No, not fetching a stick, I meant rolling around rough. Yet again, no, not what you were probably thinking. I liked her, that was almost definite now, but not sexually. I liked people for who they were, not their sexual orientation or wanting to get in their pants because they were hot.

I would have offered to take Ansley to rehearsal with me so that we could hang out together but A. She was sick and B. Wilmer was going to rehearsal with me. So I kept quiet about the whole thing.

"So, I was wondering..." Ansley started. "I have, like, this thing next Saturday in Irving where my band performs at, like, this bar. And...um...anyway, I was wondering if you'd like to come or something."

I smiled and nodded my head. "I'd love to hear you sing! You're amazing!"

She shook her head. "I don't sing. Not there, at least. I play guitar. Sure, I sing backup, but half the time, the mic is turned off. But if you still want to come..." she trailed off, expecting an answer.

"I really want to go! What bar and what time?" I was on the edge of my seat about the whole thing: seeing her on stage with the spotlights hitting her beautiful face in every angle while she was all sweaty, her hair sticking to her face while she belted out a song and played the guitar. Perfect.

"I'll text them to you when I find out from Chelsea, the lead singer," she explained, staring into my eyes.

"Awesome!" I clapped my hands together. "Did you invite Hayden?"

"You sound like Becca," she muttered.

"What?" I was extremely confused.

"Nothing," she giggled.

"Did you invite Hayden?" I asked again, as she was probably avoiding the subject.

"Not yet. I don't know if I will," she sighed, looking down now.

"You should."

As much as it pained me to see her with him, he made her happy, and as long as she was happy, I was happy.

"Demi...not if you don't want me to," she shook her head.

"He makes you awfully happy and he's your friend, too. You can invite whoever you want," I explained.

She smiled weakly. "Okay. Thank you, Demi."

"No problem," I laid my head on her shoulder again, listening to the silence of her brother's absence and our comfortable lack of conversation.

She spoke again, softly, but I still rose my head to listen.

"Don't you have rehearsal today?" she asked.

I nodded with a sigh. "Yes, I do. I should actually probably get going soon so that I can meet Wilmer at my house to go. He's been around me a lot lately, probably because I will be gone for a while, and it kind of creeps me out," I said without running the words through my head first.