[21] Happy Birthday Demi (part 2)

Ansley's P.O.V.

I knocked on Demi's door, knowing I was ten minutes late, with Cody, Jacob, Drew, and Drew's mom at my sides. I wore tight, dark blue skinny jeans and a fluttery light blue blouse, along with black flats. My hair fell over my shoulders, framing my face and I did my makeup on both my face and my arm. My hair, which was usually curly or wavy, whichever you prefer to say, was straightened. The necklace was in a gift bag, the yarn handle clasped in my hand.

When Demi opened the door, a smile spread across her face in a tight smile. She wore a dark blue dress that hugged her body down to her waist where it flowed out, ending mid-thigh. She was as tall as me in her black heels, and her makeup was done beyond perfectly.

Marissa, who had been behind Demi, was called back into the living room, so she disappeared back down the hallway.

"I love your dress," Jacob said beside me. "Happy birthday."

He was wearing black pants and a white shirt. His hair was gelled. Drew, who stood behind Jacob, wore a pair of blue jeans and a dark shirt. His hair was also gelled. His mom wore a tight black skirt and a pink blouse. Cody wore black pants and a white white button down shirt and a blazer.

"Thanks," Demi smiled down at Jacob.

Demi let us in and both Drew and Jacob met Maddie, Kate, Abby, and all the others in Maddie's room. Drew's mom said happy birthday to Demi, then rushed to the living room to see somebody.

"Happy birthday, Demi," Cody smiled at her. "I'm Cody, by the way."

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you." Demi shook his hand.

"Happy birthday," I looked over at Demi as we slowly walked down the hallway. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you. So do you," she hugged me.

"Have you opened any gifts yet?" I asked.

"My first one of the day was the best yet. Wilmer, my mom, and Eddie got me a car!" She cheered.

"Oh my god, that's awesome!" I was shocked that she had gotten such an amazing gift, but they were rich. It was probably a high class car worth a million dollars.

"I know right!" She giggled and looked down at her heels. "I'm finally as tall as you!"

I giggled. "It feels weird like I'm used to looking down a little when I look at you but it's awesome."

I felt like palming myself in the face. Stupid. That was so stupid.

She laughed. "Yeah," she interlocked our arms, me between her and Cod, and walked me into the crowded living room.

My heart began to pound as my breaths shortened. So. Many. People. They were all looking at me, some of them famous, some of them not.

"It's okay," Cody whispered into my ear.

"This is Nick," she shouted over the music and voices of others when we got to a couple who were talking and drinking. "Nick, this is Ansley."

Nick Jonas. Holy shit.

"Hey, Ansley. Nice to meet you," Nick nodded to me.

"Nice to meet you, too," I smiled.

She introduced me to a few more people before dinner. At dinner, I sat between Cody and a girl I recognized as Natalie, one of Demi's friends. I ate half of my dinner ms glanced over at Demi, who gave me the look that said, "Keep it down." So I did. It was the only thing I'd eaten all day, and I kept it down for her.

Most of the party was a blur of talking to people, meeting people, and following Jacob around with Cody so I didn't stand awkwardly in a room full of strangers who obviously didn't like me.