Chapter 8

The Tomlinson-Deakin family pulled up outside of the house after another two hours of long driving. Jay and Louis took a deep breath as soon as they stopped. The girls were all getting restless and Ernie was about 5 minutes away from a complete tantrum, with lots of screaming and kicking. Louis opened his door and stepped out onto the pavement, looking up at his new home.

It was beautiful, incredibly elegant, and it was in a fairly nice neighborhood. There were some lovely trees in the front yard and a great area for a potential flower bed. "Darling, come get the bags and then you can look around, okay?" Louis turned around and smiled at his mum then went to grab the bags from the car.

Louis picked the second largest room, which happened to be at the front of the house. He had a large window that looked out at the house across the street and another one on the side wall facing the wall of trees in the next-door neighbor's yard. Neither really had a great view, but the size of the room was what really mattered to him. He needed a den to be alone and do...private things with himself.

He set his bags in the middle of the room and went back downstairs to see if the moving guys were going to take his furniture up yet. He knew that at least he would have a bed set up in his room by this evening, but the rest of his stuff he was still unsure about. He saw his mum putting the twins in Lottie's arms and then he watched her go back outside. Louis followed her and went to the moving truck, seeing two huge guys pulling stuff down from the back of it.

"Hey, lads, can I help you with anything?" The two guys looked at him and laughed. "Yeah, sure, like your little stick arms can carry anything." Louis rolled his eyes. "Oh fuck off and give me a box." The taller guy just stared at him then handed him a huge box. Louis stumbled under the weight a little bit then sauntered back into the house, the two moving guys snickering loudly behind him. He just shook his head and set the box on the kitchen counter.

Louis turned the box around to read the label and sighed. Phoebe. Not his. He carried the box up the stairs and set the box in front of the twins' door. Then he went back down for more boxes, already starting to break a sweat since there was no air conditioning running. He wiped his forehead so the sweat wouldn't drip in his eyes then grabbed another huge box, this one from the shorter but still muscular guy.

A few hours later, all of the boxes and furnishings were unloaded off of the truck and now everyone was in their own separate areas downstairs, helping put everything in place. Louis was in the kitchen loading the cabinets with dishes and cups. Lottie was putting everything on the bookshelves in the living room. The twins were unpacking all of the picture frames and set them out on tables. And the second set of twins were just sitting on the floor, playing with their toys and looking cute.

After Louis put all of the kitchen things away he went upstairs and put his personal belongings away. He started with his clothes, storing his pants in his bottom dresser drawer and hanging all of his button-ups and flannels in the closet. Then he made his bed, which had a brand new mattress on it that he loved, and put his "personal things" in his bedside drawer. Lube, condoms, the necessities for a teenage boy with raging hormones.

Louis decided to take a quick break and sat down on his bed to go on his phone and just scroll through Instagram. However, before he even typed his passcode all the way in, he saw something out the window that caught his eye.