Chapter 58

Christmas passed and Louis and Harry had fully moved into their house. They filled up the nursery with all of the baby things they had received, including the changing table from Niall's parents and the dresser they had bought with Louis's Christmas bonus he had gotten from Yaser. They had also gotten a stroller from Harry's sister, Gemma, though they had no clue how she could afford it. She was a nursing student struggling to pay for her own apartment, how could she afford an expensive stroller? Luke and Niall had each chipped in to buy some baby tracksuits, all in the colors of the Irish flag. Louis and Harry had just accepted those with tight-lipped, insincere smiles.

All of Louis's siblings were coming over for some family time, giving Louis and Harry another opportunity to practice being parents. It was also a chance for them to trade gifts with the girls since they had been at their dad's on Christmas. Harry stacked all of the gifts under the tree, making sure that they looked pretty. He wanted everything to look perfect. It was his first time planning a gathering at their new house, and even though it was just Louis's little sisters and brother, he wanted it to be nice for them. He had spent all day cleaning the whole house, and afterward, he made dinner for the six of them. The younger twins would be eating their pureed baby food from a jar.

"Baby! I'm home from the store!" Louis's voice rang through the house, not echoing as much as it used to when the house was empty. 'In here, Lou!" Harry called from the kitchen, not taking his eyes off of the onions he was caramelizing. "Smells great, baby. You know you didn't have to do all the cooking, though. We could have ordered in. Saved you a lot of work." Harry widened his eyes and gave Louis a hurt look. "Are you saying that my cooking isn't good?" Louis shook his head quickly and pulled Harry closer. The pregnancy hormones had made Harry extra emotional and he was very quick to cry.

"No no no, baby. I'm just saying that you didn't have to do this. Your cooking is amazing, but I know that this must be a lot of hard work. It is just my sisters. We don't really even have to feed them at all." Louis chuckled and Harry squirmed out of his grip. "I need to keep an eye on the onions so they won't burn. Sorry. We can hug later." Louis sighed but stepped away from the boy, knowing that Harry could get pretty violent with kitchen utensils when Louis got too close to him. "Oooh, what are these, baby? They smell amazing." Louis gestured to a cooling rack of cookies.

"That's dessert. S'mores cookies. I thought Phoebe and Daisy would enjoy them because I know they like s'mores. I also have a tiramisu setting in the freezer for the older kids. I thought the other girls might want to try it. Do you know if they like tiramisu? Because I can whip something else up real quick." Louis shut the boy up with a kiss. "Everything looks great, baby. Everyone will love everything. I can guarantee that." Harry smiled, glad that Louis was always there to calm him down. He turned down the heat on the onions, tossing in the cabbage and carrots. "What are you making, love?"

Louis peered over Harry's shoulder into the large wok that Harry had gotten from Louis's mum and dad. "Stir fry. Is that alright?" Louis pecked the boy's forehead and snuggled his face into his neck. "It's perfect," Louis said before covering Harry's neck in kisses, wanting him to feel appreciated. Harry sighed at the feeling and dumped the rest of the vegetables into the wok, wincing as everything sizzled loudly. "I'm gonna go change into something a little more festive, baby. Be back in a sec." Louis left the kitchen and went to his and Harry's bedroom, digging through their closet to find a Christmas sweater, finally finding one shoved at the far back. He took off his own sweater and slipped on the Santa jumper, realizing that it wasn't his when he felt how tight it was.

It was Harry's, which meant it wasn't going to fit either of them. Harry had outgrown all of his shirts months before and he still hated it. He loved being filled with a baby, but he got really down sometimes just because he didn't like how much he had changed. Louis constantly reminded him of how beautiful he was, but Harry wouldn't listen. He felt heavy, like his skin was too tight for his body. All of his maternity clothes felt uncomfortable, and when he could, he went around in just boxers or panties. Louis loved when he did that.