Chapter 19

"Hey, Louis?" Louis glanced at the boy he was shelving books with. "Yeah?" Zayn cleared his throat. "Uh, do you, maybe, want to go out sometime?" The boy stared at his crush pleadingly. Louis paused with a stack of books still in his hands. "I don't know, Zayn. I'm not really looking for a relationship right now." Zayn sighed. "That's what Liam told me you said. I was just wondering if I asked you in person you might change your mind. I guess not." Louis put a hand on the boy's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Zayn. We can still be friends, though. I think you're really cool." Zayn blushed and kissed the boy on the cheek in a friendly way. "Thanks, Louis." Louis clapped a hand on the boy's shoulder. "I do have one question, though."

"What's that?" Louis scratched his head awkwardly. "I was talking with Harry over my break and he said something about you." Zayn sat on one of the stools. "Did he say that he hates me?" Louis went over and sat on the floor next to him. "No no no, he didn't say that. He actually said that he really likes you. He just said that you kind of made Liam want to impress you. It really made him upset." Zayn sighed. "I know that he and Liam aren't doing great. Liam's been kind of an asshole to me, too. He thinks I'm some kind of bad boy that fucks everything in sight with no care for feelings, so he thinks he should act like that, too. I feel bad for Harry. At least Liam hasn't cheated on him. Yet."

"I want to help him. He just seems so lost. I was in a fucked-up relationship a while ago and let me tell you, it messed me up. I don't want that to happen to him. I don't even know him that well but he seems so sweet." Zayn gave him a sad smile. "When I first met Harry, he and Liam were the picture-perfect couple. I adored them. But Liam messed them up, and I don't think it can be fixed. Comfort him, Louis. Hell, convince him to break up with Liam. You two would make a great couple." Zayn said the last part with a lump in his throat, but he meant it. Louis and Harry were perfect for each other.

"Thanks, Zayn. I know it must have been hard to say that." Louis and Zayn nodded at each other then continued their work in comfortable silence. The air was cleared between them and they were friends. "So, Zayn? Do you think if Harry and I got closer he would break up with Liam?" Louis was praying in his mind that the answer would be yes. Zayn shrugged. "Maybe. Either that or Liam would dump him. He can get pretty possessive." Louis snorted. "Yeah, I noticed that at dinner the other night. Liam wouldn't take his arm from around Harry. He had to eat with his left hand." Zayn laughed at that. "Yeah, he's a prick. Don't worry, he'll just hate you for the rest of your life. He may shorten your life, though." Louis paled, thinking about how large Liam's muscles were.

"Lou, if you want, we can make Harry jealous. That might get Harry to dump Liam faster." Zayn smiled, proud of his idea. "Is this just a way to get me to do stuff with you?" Louis bumped Zayn's shoulder in a teasing way. "Shut up. I just mean the best way to get someone jealous is to be in a relationship with another person. So, we should date." Louis smirked. "Would we actually have to do couple-y stuff? Or would it be strictly professional? Because I'm not really comfortable with putting my dick in your ass. No offense, though. I bet there are a lot of guys who want to put their dick in your ass. Just not me. I only have eyes for a certain curly-haired brunette with an adorable body." The brunette waggled his eyebrows up and down. "Whatever you want mate. Just make sure you take me out on a date before you fuck me." "Well, then I guess I won't be taking you out on any dates then, huh?" The boys giggled at each other like schoolchildren.

"I have an idea for our first 'date'. Double date with Liam and Harry." Zayn rubbed his hands together evilly. "Oooh, good idea. And don't be shy. I want us to be just as handsy as those two." Zayn nodded. "Okay. But if you get a boner, I'm out." Louis snorted and put an arm around the boy. "Don't worry, love, you'll be the one getting the boner. I've been told I'm good with my hands. Very good." He smacked Zayn's perky bum making the boy yelp. "Small, but it'll work." Zayn and Louis stared at each other for a second before bursting into another fit of laughter. "Boys! Get back to work or you're both fired!" Louis and Zayn covered their mouths with their hands, snickering into their palms. Yaser was always threatening to fire them but he never went through with it, probably because they were the only employees that actually knew how to do their job. Calum was still pretty clueless.