Chapter 31

One week later and the two boys were practically the happiest couple on the planet. They would meet up at Harry's bakery every day for tea or coffee, and then they would go to the park or the public pool in the afternoons and evenings. Louis helped Harry clear all of the Liam shit out of the boy's room after they had finished waltzing, and that was the closure that Harry really needed.

"Hey, Haz, I really want to take you out on a date." Harry nuzzled his face further into Louis's neck. "What do you think we've been doing every day during our lunch breaks? I thought those were dates?" Louis shook his head. "I want to take you on a real date. Fancy restaurant. Candlelit dinner. Stroll around downtown after we eat. Makeout session right outside your front door." Louis tickled Harry's sides and made him gasp. "Louis, stop!" Louis took his hands off of the boy's waist and gave him a minute to catch his breath. "I would love to go on a date with you." Louis grinned widely and kissed Harry enthusiastically.

They set a date for a week from that Saturday. Harry had work until four and Louis was off, so they agreed on Louis picking Harry up at 6:30. Both of the boys were nervous and excited. Liam had never really been a huge fan of fancy dates, even though he had the money for it, so this was a new thing for Harry. Louis just wanted to make it the best night for his boy. He put on his favorite pair of blue slacks and a button-up white shirt. He slipped on a blue silk tie to match his pants, asking Dan to help him with tying it. Once he was finished, he sprayed on some cologne and left the house, dashing across the street to Harry's place.

Louis knocked on Harry's front door, straightening his tie and readjusting his pants as he waited for someone to answer. The door opened and Louis saw Anne's bright face. "Louis! Hi, darling, come in, come in. Harry is in his room so you can just wait in the living room." She opened the door wider and let Louis in, shutting it behind him. "Harry has not stopped talking about you. He adores you." Louis smiled to himself at what Anne said. His mum would probably say the same thing about him.

"Harry! Louis's here so you better get your butt down here!" Louis giggled as Anne called up the stairs. He heard a loud shout of distress and then he saw the boy clomping down the stairs, tripping on the last step. Louis rushed over to keep him from falling. "You're gonna have to Harry-proof this house, Anne. Seems like Bambi here is always toppling over." Anne threw her head back and laughed at that statement. "He's a very clumsy boy. Was always in the ER for stitches when he was younger." Louis stroked Harry's curls lightly. "Silly Bambi. Always falling down. What am I gonna do with you?" Harry shrugged and leaned into Louis.

"Well, Ms. Anne, we have reservations at 6:45 so we need to get going. It was nice seeing you again." Anne waved at the two boys. "Have him back by midnight, please." Louis saluted the woman (Comrade Louis) and put a hand on Harry's lower back, leading him out the door and to his car across the street. He opened the passenger side door for him and walked around to his side. Louis slid in and started the car up, pulling out of the space. He laid his hand across the middle console and Harry got the memo, slipping his hand into Louis's warm one. They rode like that to the restaurant in complete silence.

When they arrived, Louis opened Harry's door for him and helped him out, walking him up to the restaurant. Harry gasped when he realized what restaurant it was. "Louis, this is way too expensive." Louis shook his head and walked Harry in, going up to the hostess at her podium. "Tomlinson, table for two." The woman nodded. "This way, Mr. and Mr. Tomlinson." Louis was about to correct her but Harry silenced him, liking the idea of being Louis's husband. Louis just shrugged and followed the woman to the back of the restaurant.

"This is our private section. You will be alone in here." Louis nodded and pulled Harry's chair out for him before sitting in his own seat. "Here is our wine menu and this is our main menu. Would you like to hear the specials?" Louis glanced at Harry who shook his head. Louis told her no. "Do you know what you would like for drinks?" Louis glanced at the wine list. "What is your finest red wine?" The woman leaned over his shoulder and pointed to a wine with a complicated French name.

"This one, sir. We only sell it by the bottle, though, and it's $75." Louis shrugged and handed the wine menu back to her, telling her they'd take it. The woman marked the wine choice on her notepad and took the menu from him, slipping it into her pocket. "Alright, well, I will leave you two to look at the menu and I will be back in a few minutes to get your orders." Louis nodded and the woman left the private room, leaving the two boyfriends alone. The older boy giggled and reached out to stroke Harry's hand that was laying on the table. "Hi, husband." Harry smiled and waved a little bit, cheeks going red. "Hi, husband."