6.

Rue's POV

"Did it come like overnight, or does it grow over time?" he asked, seeming semi eager to know.

"It did for me," I shrugged. "One day I just got really sick. When I woke up the next day, I had lost weight and gained a little more muscle," You would think it was no big deal right? I knew he was looking forward to a day in hell. MJ cared for me that whole day because my parents were out of town, and I have full respect for the fact that she had the strength to put up with me. I was a wreck and I literally cried because of the pain. It didn't feel exactly pleasant, but somehow I just knew I had to go through it. I didn't know why, but it was like a part of me that told me to just let it happen... Even though the only thing I felt growing that day, was my self pity. Probably the worst day of my life. I didn't want Peter to go through that at all, but he had no choice. "It'll be over before you know it," I said in a reassuring way. Lies.

"How does it feel to be so strong?" he curiously asked. How did it feel? I hadn't ever really thought about that.

"I don't know, it just makes your job a little easier," I lowered myself down from my elbows, so I was now lying down next to him, looking up at the stars again.

"Can I just say something, and I know you're gonna throw this in my face someday but... I think you're a really good Spider-woman," he had turned his head to me, so I turned mine too. We were laying closer than I remembered.

"Thank you Peter... and yes, I'm totally gonna throw that in your face someday," I made him chuckle with me, as we turned our noses up towards the bright stars again. "You're gonna be a great Spider-man," I then said in all seriousness.

"How do you know that?" he asked, probably thinking about how he could fail. I knew he wouldn't. I could tell he had a kind and gentle heart in there, pumping his blood around.

"I just do," I said and smiled faintly up to the sky. Suddenly a totally different set of thoughts entered my mind. "What time is it?" I asked and leaned up on my left elbow. He sat up and pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"It's almost four am," he said and stood up. He offered his hand down to me, and helped me up on my feet. "We should probably get some sleep," he was still holding my hand, but didn't seem to notice, so I retracted it.

"That's probably a good idea," I said and backed up from him, since that was the way to my home. "I'll see you around at school, right?" I asked, but I had stopped up to wait for him to answer.

"Yeah sure," he said and smiled. I then turned around and jumped out of the building, which was tall enough to let me fall a little and do some flips in the air.

 I then turned around and jumped out of the building, which was tall enough to let me fall a little and do some flips in the air

I remember the first time I did it, where I managed to shoot my web so I just grazed the ground with my butt. It hurt like hell, and I needed to get a new pair of spandex too. Luckily the wound was healed after an hour, so it wasn't that bad.

When my alarm started ringing, I literally felt like dying. I turned it off and found myself drifting off again. "No!" I hissed at myself, and jumped up from the bed. I couldn't see for a second, because of the sudden movement. I somehow managed to get out the door and go to school that morning.

Peter stood by his locker with some other boy, but I was already late to history, so I didn't approach him. I saw MJ and placed myself next to her as usual. As the class started, I rested my face in my palm. I was snapped back to reality, when my face almost smashed down onto the table.

"What's with you today?" MJ whispered. I sighed and rubbed my eyes shortly.

"I just didn't get much sleep last night...," my voice faded, as I slowly started drifting off in my hand again. MJ gave me two small pats on my cheek, and I shot up from the sleep again. She turned around and took her thermo water bottle out of her bag, and handed it to me. "Thanks but I don't think water will wake me up at this point," I said and put a hand up.

"It's coffee," she then said, while still holding it out for me to grab it.

"Oh god you're a lifesaver," I said, as I unscrewed the cap and put the bottle to my lips. It was good that Michelle was so addicted to coffee, cause boy did I need it sometimes.

"But seriously, what's going on? You do know people who get less than 7 hours of sleep per night on a regular basis are more likely to have diabetes, asthma, or cancer." she then said in all seriousness.

"I'm not gonna get cancer or... Any of the other stuff you just mentioned," I said, and took another sip of the coffee. "I just didn't get much sleep. It happens sometimes,"

"Yeah I know, but for the past two months, you've been showing up tired almost every day..." I realized how depressing it actually looked, now that she said it out loud.

Oh god I have to play this one out just right, or she'll look right through me.

"Alright the truth is... I enjoy staying up at night. It makes me feel like I'm the only person in the world, and my mind is allowed to run free however it wants," I answered, sounding a little emotional. Fuck, I hated the little act I had to put on.

"Alright, but just please try to do it less often," I looked down and nodded. "I can't keep buying you coffee forever," she chuckled silently and so did I.

"I'll try," I said and handed her the coffee back. The class was soon over, and it was time for lunch. When I walked out of the class with MJ I spotted Peter by his locker once again. He was alone this time, so I decided to go talk to him. "I'll find you at lunch, okay?" I said, and MJ and I parted ways. I walked up to Peter and leaned my shoulder up against the locker behind his, so he couldn't see me yet. He closed his locker and did a tiny jump, when he saw me. I chuckled and pushed my shoulder off the locker. "Hey Peter," I nicely said, and he smiled while leaning up his locker just like I had don did. "You tired?"

"Let's just say I got detention for falling asleep twice in Biology class today,"

"Holy shit, really?" I laughed discreetly, and he laughed with me. We stopped, when there was a sound behind us.

"Who's the girl Penis Parker?" An obnoxious voice sounded. I know you already know who it was. Flash of course. I didn't turn. Not even, when Flash threw an arm around my shoulder. I simply smiled and turned my head to him. I have never seen anyone retract their arm so fast, and walk away. I turned back to Peter, who was looking all kinds of confused.

"What was all that about?" he asked and pointed to where Flash had just disappeared from our sight.

"I might have... attacked him. Three days ago,"

"What!" He exclaimed, trying not to break out in laughter. "How did I miss that?" He then asked.

"It was right after you had bumped into me actually, so you just missed it,"

"Missed what?" A boy then asked, and smiled. "Hey man," he now looked at Peter.

"Hey," Peter answered. He seemed much more open now that I actually knew him. "Uh Rue this is Ned, and Ned this is Rue," he pointed to us both.

"Hi," I nicely said, and smiled at him.

"Oh wait. You're that girl who set Flash straight aren't you?" he asked excitedly, as if I was a celebrity or something. I shortly looked at Peter, and then back at Ned, not really knowing what to say.

"Yeah I guess that's me," I got out, and then remembered MJ "Look I have to go, but I'll see you later Peter," I remarked, and started slowly moving away. "And it was nice meeting you, Ned!" I said and pointed briefly at him, while walking down the hall. 

-

I have an english AND a math test tomorrow, plus my regular schedule... My point is that I'm gonna eat a bucket of Ben & Jerry's, while watching The Office now. 

Byeee :')