63.

Rue's POV

"I just got orders from Boss. We're not supposed to kill them, but bring them in instead," X3 informed me as the elevator continued up the building. "Who are these men anyway?" he added, seeming to have held in the question not for long.

"Apparently they're agents for S.H.I.E.L.D and have been undercover for a few years now. By the way, it's not two men. It's a man and a woman," he glanced at me. "Boss texted me ten minutes ago,"

"Okay. How are we going to get them out of here without causing suspicion?"

"I know what he's planning to do to them so we might as well just kill them now," I stated and loaded my gun.

"We do as we're told,"

"We do what's necessary!" I spat at him, causing him to shut up. I hadn't gone soft. I simply believed that torturing them was a waste of time and resources. I had seen S.H.I.E.L.D. agents under torture several times and not a single one of them snitched. "He also told me to get their brown case and take it with us," the elevator door opened and we stepped out and began heading for the office where our soon to be dead victims were. The door was made out of dark shiny wood but got scratched when I kicked it open and we calmly walked in side by side. The couple looked fairly normal, but their faces were filled with fright when they laid their eyes on us.

"Honey?" the woman had raised eyebrows and had her hand upon her chest. X3 marched up to her and she let out a screech when he put his hand in her hair and her head down on the table.

"Rue what the hell are you doing? W-why are you here?" The man asked, standing on the other side of the table. It was a big conference room with one long table starting at the door and ending at the other side of the room. Brown leather chairs surrounding the table and then all kinds of paper flowing all over on the table.

People always let out stupid shit when they're about to die.

"We're here 'cause you're gonna die," I raised my chin at the end of the sentence and put both my hands down on the table, staring at the frightened man and woman. A quick scan at them, told me that they were both married, but I couldn't know if it was to each other.

"Please, you're our daughter-"

"I recommend you shut the fuck up!" I smashed my gun down on the table, letting it point to the woman's head. "Now," I pulled up my knife and laid it down next to the gun. "Which one shall I put in your wife's head?" I went with the odds that they were married to each other. He swallowed a lump in his throat and glanced at the options I had given him. My arms, I let rest over my chest. Right as the man took a step forwards coming closer to me, X3 raised his gun and pointed it at him.

"Stay put, or I shoot," he calmly said and the man stopped.

"It's okay," I gestured for him to lower the gun and as he should, he obeyed. The man resumed taking steps up to me until he was close and carefully put a hand to my cheek. My stone cold expression did not change as he did so. Whatever he was planning to do I was ready to kill him instantly.

"What have they done to you, my daughter?" he whispered and a tear rolled down from his eye.

Like a scalded cat, I threw his hand up with a grip on his wrist and drilled my second knife into his chest. His face froze and he put both hands on the knife while taking sloppy steps back.

"NOO!" his wife cried out, still pushed down to the table. I turned my head to her and told X3 to let her get up. She slowly raised her head, tears streaming from her eyes. I slated my head and shot her a sarcastic smile. "Why are you doing this? We're your parents..." she was shaking and her voice trembling.

"It's sad you chose those words as your last," I shot her twice in the head. I knew we weren't completely finished though. I walked over to the man who was still struggling for his life, laying on the ground beginning to gag on his own blood. I hunkered down and dug the knife just an inch further down to make it more painful and then I pulled it out. He would bleed to death in only a few moments.

"We should go," X3 sighed and I decided he was right. We exited the building and the mission had been accomplished. "Hold on. Boss is calling me," he held out the phone while staring at me.

"Well answer it already!" I hissed at him, annoyed that he searched me for permission every time he wanted to do something. I started the car and we were halfway back to the base when we were told to go to yet another building and execute another five men. X3 told me that Boss didn't seem pissed about me just killing them, but I couldn't really give a shit anyway.