14.

"You've been here a million times, just touch him," I insisted and ran my hand over Benjamins fluffy belly. Me and Peter spent almost every day together at this point, and one thing had become clear. He did not trust cats, not even mine. 

"He's gonna scratch me," he spoke uneasy, as he looked down at him laying peacefully, with his belly up in the air. 

"Peter I've seen you stop a train, why are you so scared of a little cat?" 

"You can't trust them,"

"So because you have to earn their trust they're suddenly scary? Can you trust trains?" I asked, and he turned his gaze down to Benjamin again. I heard him utter the word 'fine' under his breath, as he moved his hand closer and closer to my cat. Right when he was an inch away I made a loud noise, and threw my hand onto his arm, so he made a little scream, and jumped up from the bed. 

"Great, now I'm never gonna touch it," he said, with a taunting shrug. I was to busy laughing, at his reaction, to the scare. 

"Okay just-" I chuckled a little more, as he sat back down and looked at the cat again. "Just give me your hand," I gestured for him to put his hand in the one I was holding out. He looked suspiciously at me, before slowly putting his hand in mine. I held around it from upon, and began moving it towards Benjamin. At first he pulled back a little. "Just trust me," I said, with all my focus on, making his hand touch the fur. At last his hand was on Benjamins belly, and I let go of it, giving Peter all control.  

"Wow it's so soft," he smiled and turned his head briefly to mine. He began slowly and carefully to rub his hand back and forth on the belly. 

"What'd I tell you?" I asked and sat down in the bed again. "We have an algebra test next week, wanna study together," I asked and took a peanut from the little bowl, we had brought in there, and threw it into my mouth casually. 

"Sure. We can go to my place tomorrow," he suggested, still with his eyes on Benjamin, and his hand on his belly. "Maybe after, we can swing around town a little?" he then briefly remarked, and turned his questioning gaze to me. 

"Sounds good," I smiled, and turned on the tv in my room, and started scrolling through Netflix. I had introduced him to Modern Family, and he loved it, so I clicked onto it, and we started watching, while talking a little from time to time. When it was around eight, Peter had to go home. We had been up late the night before, chasing some drug dealers all around town, so I fell asleep already at nine. 

The next day, I came to school as usual. I opened my locker, and put my algebra books into my bag, for after school, and grabbed my English assignment we had to turn in today. The hall seemed fuller and fuller for every day that passed, but it was probably just because I got more and more sick of the people every day. "Hey," I recognized Mj's voice and turned my head to her. 

"Hey," I smiled and closed my locker. "Why weren't you at school yesterday?" I asked, as we started walking down the hallway. 

"I had a cold," she said. "That's what these are for," she held out a little plastic container, that had the words 'ibuprofen' on it.

"Do you feel better today then?" I asked, and we turned to our classroom. 

"A little I guess... but that's probably just the ibuprofen speaking," she shrugged, and we hung our bags on the chairs, and sat down. 

"Alright, let's start everyone!" our teacher yelled, and we turned our attention to him. I liked English, so the hours went by pretty quickly. Me and Mj chatted as normal at lunch, when Ned and Peter approached us. 

"Oh hey guys," Mj smiled up at Ned, while me and Peter got eye-contact. They didn't know about our friendship, and in a way we read each others mind, and acted like we were only aquatinted.