46.

Rue's POV

I didn't know whether it was because I hadn't felt his touch for so long, or that it was because it was just that good, but... Wow. I felt sore, just laying down on the bed, but then again maybe it was because we hadn't had sex for circa three weeks. Not once did I think of Adam, while being with Peter and it was only after that I realized. Thank god for that. Peter had been so sweet and patient with me, even though I caught him staring quite a lot and in some cases he was so close to touching me that I could almost feel the heat from his body. In an odd way that was one of the things that made me want him quicker, and he would once in a while catch me staring too. It's impossible not to glance once in a while when he's shirtless in the gym...

We were laying in bed as we had been for almost three hours at that point and he seemed extremely exhausted. It's not that I wasn't exhausted, cause I was, but somehow I just didn't feel like sleeping, even if it would be wrapped in his arms. 

His eyes were closed, as I ran my finger, along with my eyes, down his jaw and then on continuing carefully onto his cheek. I wasn't sure if he was awake. I moved my whole body a little closer, making the bed move a bit. 

"Peter?" I whispered not expecting an answer, since his eyes had been closed and he hadn't moved for a good ten minutes. To my surprise I got a muffled 'Mh?' back, just at the moment I had decided he was asleep. "I know you hate my dad, I do too but... there's something he always used to tell me, that I can't get off my mind," he opened his eyes and didn't take long, before finding mine. I took it as a sign to go on, since he didn't say anything else. "He told me that we never notice things, until they don't work," I softly whispered. He slowly lifted his hand and moved some of my hair back, while looking like he was thinking. 

"Like how you don't notice what you have, till it's gone?" he faintly asked and retracted his hand back under the duvet. I took a second and adjusted my head on the pillow, while slightly letting go of his gaze. I nodded and breathed in from the nose very silently. "I don't believe in that, you know," he then admitted, letting his hoarse voice appear through the whispers.

"You don't?" I asked and frowned my eyebrows very subtly, showing him my sudden confusion. 

"Well on some level, I guess it's true with stuff like... wifi... but before I lost you, there was no doubt in my mind, what I had... and Rue what I had back then and what I have now is so priceless... that it just made losing you, so. much. worse." he explained it so gently and beautifully, that I didn't even know how to respond in words, so I moved up closer against his body and wrapped my hands around his head, as he pulled my torso closer to his.  

"I love you

"I love you. More than anything," I whispered and shut my eyes together hard, addressing the seriousness in the 'anything'. His nose tip was cool against mine, but it was okay. 

"I love you too," he whispered back and lightly kissed my lips. Every time those three words escaped his mouth, the earth would stop turning. Time would pause. The sea would stand still. Just for us. It was weird how lucky we were, that we shared that talent no one else knew about just yet. We probably never would have met, if it wasn't for those two radioactive spiders choosing to bite into our flesh. Then again maybe we would. 

I like to think of the life each person on this planet live, as a puzzle and that every piece will eventually find it's place, until it's done.  But what if it's not? What if some puzzles are missing pieces, I mean it happens. 

I opened my eyes just a smidge, to see Peters face completely shut off in my arms. He fell asleep so quickly it must've somehow been a record. It made me fear that he wouldn't remember the whole conversation we had just had, but even if he did it wouldn't change anything. He still loved me. I still loved him. 

"I forgot to tell you something," I suddenly whisper, as I remember what I had wanted to tell him several times that night, without actually doing so. He didn't open his eyes but the change of pace in his breaths told me that he was awake. "Nat and Bruce are having sex. Goodnight," I quickly closed my eyes. 

"What?" he asked loud enough for me to open my eyes back up. "How do you know?" he looked hopelessly confused and had lifted his head up slightly to focus all his attention on my upcoming answers. 

"I knew that would wake you up," I chuckled. "No but it's true, I found out earlier, and I had to actually fight Nat to find out, so you better enjoy knowing," I said and he partly relaxed the places he had tensed up just a second ago. 

"You didn't tell them about us did you?" he then asked and lifted himself up on his elbow. 

"No," I assured and he put his head back down to my neck and took a few long deep breaths, before asking his next question. 

"How exactly did you find out?"

"You're not gonna like it..." I uttered, not knowing how he felt about me, having seen Banner butt naked.

"Try me," he encouraged and I took a limited amount of seconds, before finally telling him the story. He listened through the whole thing chuckling a bit at the part, where I push Banner into the bathroom, but he didn't make nothing out of the fact that I had seen Bruce's... you know.

"Is it weird, that I'm not surprised?" he asked snickering and closed his eyes, to start the drifting off process very subtly.

"Not at all... I just think maybe... she could have done a little better," I shrugged. 

"I mean you settled for me, so I think she did fine not gonna lie," I had to open my mouth an inch and furrow my eyebrows to try and understand what he had just said. Did he think I had settled for him?

"What on earth are you talking about?" I asked seriously and looked down at his now open eyes. 

"Oh come on, I mean," he gestured at my face and briefly glanced down my body. "And," he then gestured to his own face. 

"Wait wait wait- you think I'm hotter than you?" I asked trying desperately to make sense of it all. He moved his head up confused and shrugged like it was obvious. 

"Yeah," he said as he squinted his eyes a little. 

"Peter... you are so fucking hot, and you're telling me that you have no idea?" I asked and he shrugged once again. Had he looked in a mirror? Like... ever? I must've looked like a giant question mark, cause I was deeply shocked. "Oh my god," I sighed and put a hand to his cheek while smiling a little. "Peter... I'm serious. You're literally the hottest, while also the cutest, guy I've ever met," I chuckled while shaking my head faintly from side to side, still not believing that he didn't know.

"Really?" he chuckled and I nodded very seriously. "I didn't know that," he smirked faintly and buried his head back down so we were cuddling like before. "You gonna let me sleep now?" he asked filling the silence. I couldn't help but smile while I rolled my eyes at him and rested my leg over him. 

"Fine, goodnight," I said and closed my eyes, trying to play a little offended. Peter must've sensed it, cause only a second after, I felt his lips on mine and his hand holding my face lifted under my chin. 

"Goodnight," he whispered back and I felt more relaxed than ever, by just being with him and breathing the same air as him. Now that I think of it, I was really tired. So we slept.