13.

Rue's POV

I woke up with a strong warmth in my neck, and opened my eyes. I realized Peter was right behind me, big spooning me. His face was right behind my head, and he was breathing right into my neck, which was why it was so hot there. I let go of his hand, that I had been holding on my stomach, and carefully got up from the bed, just praying that he wouldn't wake up. I looked down at him, and thankfully he was still sleeping heavily. I went out to the bathroom, and did the usual morning 'chores'. Took a shower, brushed my teeth and emptied my bladder. By the time I was done out there, I felt like there was a big whole in my stomach in the shape of pancakes, so naturally I went into the kitchen and made pancakes. I actually tried waking up Peter, but he just made some muffled noises, and stayed in bed. I guessed he didn't get much sleep last night, after that dream. I was still wondering what it was about, since he screamed my name. It was probably just a coincidence. 

I ate up the pancakes, and left a few for Peter to eat, when he woke up. I all of the sudden heard some scrambling from my bedroom. I waited for the sound to repeat itself, and this time I knew what it was. It was Peters police radio. "We have a 10-83 coming from Watermark LIC. I repeat, we have a 10-83 coming from Watermark LIC," I picked up the walkie-talkie, and instantly started shaking Peter awake. 

"Peter what's a 10-83!?" I asked, as he lifted his head completely disoriented and confused. 

"What?" he asked and rubbed his eye, while sitting up in the bed. 

"What's a 10-83 in police code?" I repeated. 

"Smoke detected... why?" he mumbled, as he stretched from the sleep. 

"There's smoke coming out of the Watermark LIC building, we have to go help!" I said, as I changed into my spiderwoman outfit. Peter finally woke up, and started putting on his outfit too. When I was done, I slid the window open and crawled out onto my fire escape. Peter was right behind me, and closed the window, when he was out too. I hopped over the fence, and was falling for a good two seconds, before I shot a web that saved me from the concrete ground. We swung almost side by side, getting closer and closer to the building. When it came in sight, there was obviously flames inside, so I made a decision, to just focus on the remaining people inside. I tensed up and clenched my teeth together. I then shot a web onto the building and pulled my body through the air, as I let go of the web, so I was basically a bullet flying through the air. The glass broke because of my speed, and I landed inside the building filled with smoke. Right after, I heard Peter break through it too, and immediately we were at work. There were a few unconscious people, but most had evacuated, so it was nothing we couldn't handle. We ended up coming out of the building, with five people and a dog. By this time, the firemen had arrived, and was already busy with putting out the fire. We let the ambulances that had arrived take care of the one's we had rescued. Right when we were about to leave, I spotted someone who looked a little familiar, and approached him. "Hello again. Do you live here?" I asked brightly, and hunkered down to level with him. It was that little boy that had hugged me, and told me I was his favorite spider. He nodded happily, and then looked up at Peter who was standing right behind me. 

"Are you boyfriend and girlfriend?" he asked with a shy smile on his face. Me and Peter immediately became uncomfortable, but tried to play it off as cool as we could. 

"No no no we're just- uh,"

"We're just very good friends yeah," we spoke over each other, awkwardly trying to brush off the question. There was a moment of silence, but the boy, who hadn't even noticed it was awkward, broke it up. 

"Why are you wearing that?" he asked, and lifted his finger up towards my mask. 

"It's so you don't know who I am," I chuckled and poked at his stomach, making him giggle and take a step back. 

"Honey why don't you ask her about that thing?" his mom smiled down at him, and he became a little bit shy. He grabbed her hand, and moved up close to her.

"Can I have a picture with you?" he mumbled, and I turned my head to Peter with my heart completely melted. You building is literally burning down right now kid? argh fuck it.

"Of course!" I exclaimed, and his mom started taking out her phone. I took the boys hand, and smiled under the mask, but before she could take a picture, the little boy pulled Peter in his sleeve, so he came into the frame too. Peter hunkered down next to him, and I held his hand standing, when his mom snapped the picture. 

"Hopefully we'll see you again little man,"  Peter said, and briefly ruffled up the boys hair, with the palm of his hand. I shot the kid a warm look, and we started walking away. "I would never have imagined that you were good with kids-" I pushed peter's head down playfully as we were walking, making him laugh. 

"I'm good with sweet kids," I explained. "And he's really sweet... and therefore I like him," we started running a little, slowly speeding up the pace. 

"Alright alright, I was just thinking about the time in the metro, where you whispered to yourself that you would, and I quote 'chuck that baby into the ocean ' because it was crying. 

"Okay first of all, that baby had been screaming the whole ride to school... Second of all... you heard that!?" I asked concerned. 

"I hear everything," he cockily said as he shot a web, and pulled himself up into the air.

 I shook my head before doing the same, and flying behind him all the way back to my place.

-

I have school tmr... yay😃🔫