68.

- three years later -

Peter's POV

The sun was about to set and I had just spotted a car robbery taking place. I swung down and landed on the hood of the car, causing the two guys to turn toward me. One of them held a big blue kind of weapon that was clearly starting to warm up. "You plan on shooting me with that?" I asked and pointed at it briefly.

"Yeah, that's the plan." He smirked evilly.

"Good thing I'm not single." I shrugged putting my hand up in the air right before Rue swung by, grabbing me by the hand and lifting me off the ground before the weapon fired and hit the empty car in front of them.

"That could have been less fatal." Rue noted while we swung.

"Less fun you mean." I chuckled. She shook her head in a snicker and let go of my hand so I quickly shot a web at the building to my left.

Rue had landed on a balcony and while jumping off she shot a web at each of the guys, so they collided on top of the car they were planning to rob or steal.

"It's too easy at this point." I chuckled, landing next to the car while she glued their body parts to it.

"You're right about that." She responded as sirens emerged from a distance. "Let's get going Mr. Parker." I whispered.

"Okay, Mrs. Parker." I leaned in and whispered to her.

"You'll never get sick of calling me that, will you?" She asked, stepping a little closer to me.

I lifted my mask just over my mouth and she did the same just before our lips collided into a kiss. "Ugh, get a room." One of the guys complained and I quickly shot a web to his mouth without stopping the kiss. 

-

We were still Avengers, but we lived together in an apartment in the city instead of at the avengers facility. Wanda and Vision had also moved out together and were living a couple blocks away from Rue and I.

I proposed to her a year after getting her back. Two months later we had a small wedding with only friends, aunt May and all of the Avengers even showed up. Rue didn't want her father and mother there so she asked Tony to walk her down the isle. He agreed immediately and she did indeed look beautiful walking down that isle. 

I may have shed a small tear. She told me she loved me for that.

We moved out right after that. Ned and MJ often visited and they had even gotten an apartment together. Just as Friends. Apparently they agreed on a lot of stuff and became really good friends while Rue and I had been busy swinging around town.

I consider those years in our twenties as some of the best. It was just me and my favorite person in the whole universe together. We never ever got sick of the other and living together made me even more obsessed with her charms and her beautiful mind.

One night when we were laying in bed she told me she felt like she was dreaming. That this life we built together was even better than she'd imagined it to be.

I agreed with her. Rue, my soulmate.

Our lives got better and better. Three years later she was pregnant and we had a little boy we named Liam.

We hadn't actually planned on children, but when she told me, I could barely sit still in excitement. I've never hugged her tighter.

He had no spider powers and we quickly agreed that that was for the best too. Two years later Rue gave birth to a baby girl too. Grace.

We made two perfectly normal children and they looked like us. Grace looked so much like Rue and Liam was a good mix of the both of us.

Rue was a phenomenal mother and I did a good job as a father too. We balanced the children and the spider job perfectly, even though it wasn't so easy at first. But pretty soon, we had it figured out.

-

"Alright buddy. You got your lunch pack, your pencil case and your juice. Are we forgetting something?" I asked, sitting down on my knee in front of Liam.

"Can I bring an action figure to school?" He asked shyly, shortly glancing up at his mother.

"Of course you can, my man." I exclaimed happily and looked up at Rue. She slid her bag off her shoulder and knelt down while searching it.

"Okay sweetie. You can choose Spiderwoman or Spiderman." She said, holding the two figured out. Funnily enough, those two were his absolute favorites.

"Spiderwoman." He smiled and grabbed the figure. Rue smiled teasingly at me.

"Okay promise to have like a butt-load of fun, okay?" Rue chuckled, holding Liam's hands. She kissed his cheek and he nodded in a smile.

"Buddy, are you sure you don't want Spiderman instead? He's so cool with the blue and red right?" Rue hit me on top of the head with a newspaper.

"He's made his choice, dummy." She scolded, sugarcoating it because of Liam's presence.

"Alright." I chuckled. "Hey." I whispered to Liam and pulled him in. "If anyone makes fun of that doll you tell them that Spiderwoman is in fact more badass than Spiderman. Wanna know how I know that?" I asked and he nodded eagerly. I took a quick glimpse up at Rue. "She's an old friend of mine, but you can't tell anyone that. Okay?"

"Okay. I won't tell anyone." He whispered back. "Bye daddy." He smiled and threw his little arms around my neck. "Bye mommy." He hugged around her hips since it was all he could reach and a minute later he was out of sight. It was his very first day of school.

"Do you think he'll be alright?" Rue asked as we turned and slowly began walking down the steps of the big entrance. She was wearing a sundress that fit her perfectly.

"If not, I'll go nuts." I uttered, briefly looking back at the school doors. Rue slowly put both hands over my shoulders and moved up against me.

"Speaking of going a little nuts... I talked to May and she wants to pick Lucas and Grace up and keep them till tonight." She smirked and bumped our noses together. May helped us out with them a lot and they loved their grandma so much.

"We better get back to the apartment then." I chuckled and kissed her lips shortly. We drove home and spent the whole day in bed. It wasn't rare for us to have a day to ourselves like that, but we always treated them like they were.

We were happier than ever. And we still are to this day.