66.

Transitioning back into myself had taken a lot. Weeks actually. From the process of turning me back I remember sobbing and screaming in Bucky's arms, a terrible pain and lastly numbness. Those bastards had developed the super soldier serum so well that the team almost gave up on me.

But suddenly it all turned. They don't know what exactly triggered it so suddenly, but I turned back. That was all that mattered. Though it had all happened so fast, I was in my bed already at twelve o'clock, even though they had only gotten me 100% back an hour earlier. Everyone was sleeping and Peter was swinging around in town. There was not much else to do than just go to bed.

The bedside alarm said 02.25 and I was exhausted. But I was scared to close my eyes and relive the nightmare that had woken me up an hour earlier. Running from Hydra sure was no easy task. I only wanted one person and what were the odds that he wasn't here? Seriously?

My mouth was dry and I was a bit hungry too, overall not really feeling well. Plus my eyes were desperately trying to drag themselves closed. I lifted my duvet and went out the door to the kitchen. It was full of options and yet I felt sick to my stomach just looking at them. I couldn't stand looking at fast food or just about any kind of unhealthy food. Of course because of Hydra.

Sons of bitches managed to take pizza from me.

I settled on an apple from the big fruit bowl on the counter island and leaned over it, resting half my body while eating. It didn't take long for me to reach the core of the fruit so I took a glass of water. I had filled the clear glass up, closed the fridge and turned around.

I froze as the sight of the blue and red suit came to my sight. He was staring straight at me through the mask and his whole body was facing me. Almost like he had been watching me for a while, but I knew he hadn't, 'cause I had been looking in his direction just a second ago and seen no one.

But the real part about this moment was when he ripped the mask off and how the face expression he had, gave me no sense of what he was feeling. The slightly parted mouth, eyebrows faintly lifted and his eyes focused on me, only blinking every fifteen seconds.

Is he angry at me somehow?

His right eye was blue. His lip was busted and a medically treated cut was running shortly along his cheekbone. It was all by my doing. My fist had taken care of the eye and the lip while my knife had been responsible for the cut. He had to be angry.

He let the mask in his hand drop to the floor and he began taking slow and daring steps toward me. "I know what you're gonna say, Peter. How could I have done it?" I broke the silence, but his expression changed in no way. "I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have gone on that mission, when you specifically told me not to. It was dumb and-" my back hit the counter as I had stepped back as he was still stepping closer.

"I-I don't know what to say," I put the glass down behind my back and looked back up at him. He was almost in front of me now. "Peter please. Just say something-" I took back the rest of the words I was about to let out, when he lifted his hand and put it on my cheek, letting it glide slightly back so his fingers had to be split so there was room for my ear between two of them.

His eyes were shining and when he blinked a tear fell.

We were eye to eye and body to body, when he at last opened his mouth and said, "For two years I couldn't breathe. I missed you so unbearably much."

I closed my eyes and felt all guilt and anger rise from my body. I slanted my head deeper into his palm, desperate to feel his touch even more. I felt like my eyes were about to drown behind my closed eyelids, even though the tears were strong enough to break free from them. He put his hands down on my back and clenched tightly around me, like he was never going to let go ever again. His strong grip around made me move up on my tippy toes, just to be there in the moment the best I could.

I noticed I wasn't breathing when a desperate sob filled the beautiful silence. My throat held back something between another sob and a shout. I hissed a breath through my clenched teeth and hugged him even tighter. He took his head back and kissed me on the forehead. A long kiss that put peace to my earlier uncontrollable breath. "I feel like neither words or actions can let you know just much I missed you,"

"I know," his hands were the only things holding my head up. "I know Rue,"

"Please just don't leave me-"

"Never," he quickly pulled me back in. He held me for several minutes before ending the hug. His hand was still in mine though. I liked the thought of him never letting me go. He led me to his room to spend the night, and I let him. I wanted to. I had missed him so much and I only realized it, now that I had him back and was able to actually talk to him and touch him.

He took off his suit and I immediately felt home. Just the sound of it was pleasing, because it had been so long since I heard it. Looking at his body, I thought about how I could actually see how he had grown up. His face was a little more defined and his muscles were bigger. But it was basically the same for me. I had lost a lot of fat and was basically just muscle and bone, which I wanted changed as soon as possible.

My legs were tangled into his and we were laying face to face on one pillow. "We won't ever have to be apart." I assured and inched my head closer. He sighed and opened his mouth, about to say something. It's like he took it back and went with the words he was about to tell me again.

"I'll never stop loving you." He whispered and put his hand on my jaw. I inched my head forward and closed my eyes as he did the same. It was a gently touch, but my love for it couldn't be described. It was even better than I remembered it to be, and god knows I had been craving his kiss.

Without opening my eyes after the kiss, I buried myself in him. His chest was so warm and I had missed the sensation. I loved him so indescribably much.