30.

Rue's POV

I was awakened by my phone buzzing, down between me and Peter in the bed. I quickly grabbed it and forced my eyes open to see who it was. It was Mj was calling me, so I swiped it without hesitation.

"Rue where are you? School started an hour and a half ago," she said in the phone. My drowsy eyes shot open and I jumped up from the bed, with the phone still to my ear and started gathering my things.

"I'll be right there, just tell them, my alarm didn't go off or something," I quickly responded. From Peter I could hear a morning groan, as he was starting to wake too. "Peter I'll see you later okay," I whispered and pecked his lips, before pacing out of the room and down the hospital halls.

"Where are you? Are you with Peter?" Mj asked on the phone, as I pressed the elevator button that meant down.

"Yeah, he's at the hospital," I said and entered the elevator, where two other nurses were standing too.

"What happened?" she then asked sounding worried for her new friend. I had finally introduced Mj and Peter, even though it was something I definitely had dreaded. Luckily they got along just fine, and even became great friends.

"Well he..." I glanced back at the nurses, who were intentionally looking away from me, to seem like they weren't listening. "He got... shot," I whispered.

"WHAT?" she broke out.

"He's okay, don't worry," The elevator stopped and opened its doors in that soothing way, and I started walking out. "I'll tell you about it later,"

"Okay, bye,"

"Bye," I hung up the phone and reached my hand up in the air to stop a taxi, that was headed my way. It stopped and I quickly informed him to go to midtown school of science and technology. Half way there I subtly told him to step on the gas, since I was late. It seemed like no problem for him and soon I had arrived at the school. There were few people in the halls, as they all were in the cafeteria eating by now.

"Hey," I had found Mj reading, while eating in the cafeteria with Ned sitting in front of her. She looked up from the book and at me, while I plopped down next to her.

"Did Peter really get shot?" Ned interrupted hysterically, just as Mj was about to answer me. I mean yeah I could see how he would be worried, but there was no reason to yell.

"It was in the shoulder and he's okay now," I smiled at Ned.

"So how did it happen?" Mj asked and closed the book. "You said me you would tell me," I was kind of sick of telling that story at that point. That fake story.

"We were just taking a night walk, and suddenly Spiderman and Spiderwoman were on the street next to us, fighting some robbers or I don't actually know what they were. Out of nowhere one of the robbers fire a gun and it hits Peter," I explained dramatically.

"You saw Spiderman and Spiderwoman?" Ned asked with his jaw stunningly dropped.

"Ned. Probably not the fact in that story you should be giving attention to," Mj remarked. "When does the hospital let him go?" she then turned to me and asked.

"Tomorrow," I answered and ate one of her grapes. Ned and Mj both texted Peter through the day to check up on him and make sure he was okay. It was really sweet actually. I called him, when school was over and I was walking home. I looked really goddamn musty, so I wanted to shower before going to visit him. I mean he had seen me looking worse, but still. He had seen me all sweaty from the gym, he had seen me hungover and throwing up. My god he had seen me crying. Jesus why does he even like me? I had seen him really sweaty too but that's different. Him shirtless... the water he sprayed in his hair dripping and his abs shining from the sweat forming around them... the panting... oh god the panting. Rue. Control yourself.

"They're letting you go right now?" I asked confused, while the people passed me on the street.

"Yeah isn't it weird? They say it's healed unbelievably fast, and I'm just free to go," he sounded surprised by it, but I knew he knew why it had healed so fast.

"May is right next to you isn't she?" I assumed.

"Yup that sounds good to me," he said obviously having May staring at him at the moment. "Mhm. So you'll be at my place at five? Sounds great," he kept going and I chuckled, as the door to my apartment complex opened and I walked in.

"I can be there at four if you want," I smiled into the phone.

"Great see you then," he said.

"Alright love you," I laughed on the inside knowing he wouldn't be able to hang up without saying it back.

"Love you too bye," he whispered quickly into the phone and hung up. I chuckled and shook my head a little, before turning off the phone and letting it glide back down into my jean pocket. I had reached the door at this point and went inside.

"Rue is that you?" I heard my mom yell, as I kicked off my shoes.

"Yeah," I simply yelled back, while starting to head for my room. I was just about to close my door and celebrate the fact that I had made it there, without having to deal with my parents, when my mom of course emerged and told me to wait.

"What mom?" I sighed holding one hand on the door while leaning up against it. She put her hands on her hips and I knew what was coming.

"Where have you been?" she asked only waiting for me to shoot the typical 'with Peter'. Technically I had been with Peter though.

"At school," I dully answered and her glass of rage gained another drop. Still not flowing over yet.

"Last night. Where were you?" She then asked, leaning her head further forward with raised eyebrows.

"With Peter," I sighed and tried to shut the door, which she quickly stopped and pushed open again.

"We need to have a talk about this 'Peter'" she made the bunny ears at Peter's name, which I found a tad weird. "I don't want you sleeping with some boy when you're sixteen, especially a boy like that," I chuckled.

"Clearly you don't know Peter," I snickered and took another shot of trying to close the door. Once again she blocked it with her hand and opened it further up. "Mom!" I irritatedly hissed.

"Don't shut the door in my face, when I'm trying to have an honest conversation and with you!"

"Don't talk to me about sex!" My dad turned around the corner. Great. Just on time, like always.

"What are you two yelling about?" He asked and took a few steps up to us.

"Sex. Care to join?" I smiled sarcastically, and he immediately turned and walked away. I turned my focus back to my mom. "Mom seriously! What do you want from me?"

"EXCUSE ME IF I DONT WANT MY DAUGHTER TO SLUT UP HER HIGHSCHOOL AT SIXTEEN!" She yelled completely unnecessarily.

"SORRY! I DONT FEEL LIKE FOLLOWING YOUR FOOTSTEPS MOM!" I yelled back smiling a bit, feeling satisfied. My satisfaction was quickly gone, when she smacked me across the cheek. I had turned my head slightly to the left and looked down at the floor in chock... and fucking rage. Slowly. Very slowly I looked up at her, while subtly grazing the inside of my burning cheek with my tongue.

"Real mature," I whispered and slammed the door so hard the floor vibrated, as I walked to my closet. Now both of them had simply crossed the line. Four months ago they were fine. But that promotion they got at work that was supposed to be a good thing, ruined them. Ruined their parenting skills and their sense of sentiment.
I packed a bag with the things I absolutely needed, like phone charger, my suit and some clothes too.

I'm coming over now. Is that okay?

I texted Peter. If it wasn't okay he didn't really have a choice though.

Of course <3

He answered quickly. I turned off my phone and took a deep breath. I opened my door and stormed to the front door grabbing my shoes in my hands. The door slammed behind me as I paced down the stairs and out the main door to the street.
-
I wrote this on my phone, but I think it went okay. Idk why, but Wattpad doesn't work on my computer rn.

Hope you have a good day! ♥️