59.

Peter's POV

"Anything yet?" I asked only hoping for a yes, but Mr. Stark sighed and answered the opposite instead. I didn't have count of how many days she had been gone, I just focused on the only thing that mattered to me. Finding her and bringing her home.

"Oh wait! She was wearing that necklace. The one with the camera in it-"

"YES! She must have caught one of those guys' face," Romanoff added to Steve's realization. Mr. Stark immediately started typing something on his computer and a video popped up and started showing the point of view on the mission from the necklace. We saw the first 30 seconds but Mr. Stark got impatient and fasted forward to when one of the faces of hydra showed up on the screen.

"You really couldn't have installed a better camera? I mean he's all blurry and we've got no other faces," Steve complained as Mr. Stark started finding matches for the face.

"Cool it Rogers. It was supposed to be an easy mission," he responded calmly not looking away from the screen. "Besides... This'll do," he uttered as a match appeared on the screen. We all huddled around it to read the profile.

"Mr. Stark I don't know about this. He's from Egypt," I said doubting the match.

"So? Hydra works all around the world. It's him," he assured and leaned back in his chair. "Look he's the only one that match above the 98% we need. I looked further at the mans profile and back at the blurry photo caught by Rue's necklace.

"Try moving the 98% down to 95%," I suggested.

"Yeah Egypt is not exactly one of Hydra's most treasured countries. I mean for all we know that could just be-" Clint looked closer down at the screen. "Abasi, a 65 year old engineer," he said while reading the profile of our match.

"Fine. We'll try moving it down to 95%," Mr. Stark surrendered and changed it as promised. A few seconds after, a new match occurred and as before, we all huddled around the screen.

"See that's more like it. Earlier U.S. marshal, but was banished for 'unknown reasons'. He has a list of criminal records after that, I mean he's perfect," Nat exclaimed, sounding stunned by the result. "He even looks a bit more like him. In my opinion,"

"Yes he seems a bit more accurate, but are we sure it's not that other guy though?" I asked.

"I'll send vision to check out our Egyptian fella. Meanwhile, we'll pay Justin Rover here a little visit," Mr. Stark stated as he got up from his desk chair and closed the computer. "Rogers, Romanoff get ready and I'll message Wanda," he said as he was busy closing everything in the lab down.

"I'm coming too!" I said in a demanding tone that even surprised me. Mr. Stark had raised his eyebrows and stopped in his tracks.

"Uh... Sure whatever. Go get your suit then," he answered, reading my tone clearly.

We left at around six o'clock, as everybody was ready then. The flight wasn't long, since our guy lived in Montreal. When we arrived at the given address, it was nothing like we had expected. He lived in a small house by a lake. No neighbors, no nothing. The house seemed very neat and there was even a black Audi parked in the open garage.

Without thinking, I marched up to the door.

"No Peter don't-" Tony whispered failing to keep me back with him. I knocked on the door and placed myself at the side of it, waiting for him. When the door was opened and a manly figure stepped out, I grabbed his arm, twisted it behind his back and pushed him up against the wall.

"What the- Get the hell off me!" he yelled as I pushed his arm up further to make it hurt.

"Where the hell is she!"

"Daddy?" a little soft voice spoke from our side and I looked down. A girl, roughly at the age of six, stood there in a tiny little nightgown, with her teddybear in her hand.

"Everything's fine sweetie, just go back and finish your nap," he tried to sound as calm as possible and somehow it worked, 'cause she walked right back inside. I loosened my grip and he shook himself out of it completely. "Why don't you try asking me nicely and I might give you a straight answer," he said irritated. "Wait... you're Spiderman-"

"We're looking for a girl," Steve said behind me, as they had all moved up to us, because of the girl's green flag. The mans eyes widened as he saw Wanda, Romanoff, Cap and Mr. Stark coming at him. Steve held out a photo of Rue and the man looked down at it.

"Haven't seen her," he shook his head and shrugged. I got impatient and put him back in the same position, as when I had first attacked him. "I promise you I haven't seen her!" he yelled.

"Explain why you're not a U.S. Marshal anymore!"

"I got banished because I accidentally shot myself in the leg okay!" he answered.

"Bullshit!"

"Look, I'm not proud of it, but it's the truth. They just won't put it in my file because it's too embarrassing for them," he defended.

"So what do you do now?" Mr. Stark broke in and asked. The man stuttered and tried looking back. Seemed a bit suspicious to me.

"I'm a waiter,"

"Not with that car you're not," Romanoff commented.

"Okay fine I'm a drug dealer! I'm a drug dealer," he admitted almost starting to sob. I let go of his arm and stepped back. He was telling the truth.

"He's not the guy," Romanoff sighed and walked off the wooden porch.

"Guys. Vision just sent me a picture,"

"Was it the other guy?" Cap asked.

"No it's not him. That became clear pretty quickly," She turned around the phone, showing us a picture of a man, sitting in his couch chair with a cat on his lap. Next to his chair, there was a wooden cane and a whole lot of machines seeming to be keeping him alive. "Vis says he had an accident two years ago and that he's barely able to speak now..."

"This can't just be it. Right Mr. Stark?" I turned to him but instantly got disappointed at his expression.

"I'm sorry kid-"

"Let's just go," I articulated as I stepped off the porch and followed after Romanoff, who was way down the road, headed for our car where Happy was waiting behind the wheel.

When the others had come back, Mr. Stark let me know that they had searched the house and that there was absolutely no trace of hydra in it. He was just a smug drug dealer with a normal family.

I didn't care anymore about that stupid drug junkie 'cause, we had just been kicked back to square one on finding Rue.

Sometimes I was taken to places in my mind, I feared and had hidden away for ages. Places where Rue and I were apart and always would be. And lately... it had been hard to find my way out of those places.