Chapter Sixty

Jooheon

"Uh, sir, I...um...well..."
Drumming my fingers on my desk in irritation and impatience, I clear my throat. "Spit it out, Hyungwon."
     He flinches a bit but nods. "Um, well, it would seem we've made contact with another fleet ship. They would like to speak with us about sharing supplies."
     My brow furrows. "They made for a long space voyage and yet didn't take enough supplies? What kind of fleet...."
     Suddenly a loud beep cuts me off and I look over at the switch controls panel to see an incoming call. I answer it promptly. "Yes?"
      After a few seconds, a holographic smiling face beams from the connector and I'm taken aback. "What do you want?"
     He laughs calmly, without a care. "I would like to humbly ask you for some supplies, Captain Jooheon."
      I scoff. "No. Take your men and your pathetic excuse for a ship and leave. You aren't welcome." Sneering.
      His expression doesn't change. "Come on, Jooheoney. We go way back. How can you turn me away like this?"
     "Quite easily, actually. Goodbye and good luck." I end the call and he disappears. Good riddance.
      Hyungwon clicks his tongue, obviously wanting to say something.
     "What?"
     "Are you really turning them away?"
     "Why? Want to join them instead. Be my guest." I wave him away.
     I get up to check on Hoseok but before I can take a step, I'm thrown to the ground as a rough crash reverberates throughout the ship. Cursing, I get up and run over to the window port to see the bastard grinning madly at me and waving from his ship.
     He docks to my ship and, with a spew of profanities, I unlock the base deck so they can enter. Stupid ass.
     Crossing my arms, I lean against the wall broodingly and wait for them to come. It doesn't take long. Unfortunately. They file in confidently one at a time.

      I glare at them

I glare at them. My old friends and shipmates—Shownu, Changkyun, and Wonho. Well, friends before that happened. "I'm not helping you. Get off my ship."
Shownu steps forward, smiling. "Don't be like that, Jooheoney. Don't you miss us? It's been too long."
Sauntering over to my Captain's chair, I take a seat and prop my feet up on my desk. "Not one bit. Could go the rest of my life without seeing you again and die happy."

     "How cruel

"How cruel." The leader of the three, Wonho, chides. "We came to make peace."
"You came to use me. Like always. I'm not falling for your shit anymore. I'm not asking again."
Changkyun shakes his head, glancing over at Hyungwon briefly before sighing. "Jooheon. You've done well for yourself. Is this your daddy's ship?" Smirking.
I narrow my eyes. "I got this ship on my own with, sweat, hard work, and blood. I suppose you wouldn't know anything about those things, though, right?"
"Ooh." He laughs. "Who's the clinger?" He throws his thumb back towards Hyungwon who looks uncomfortable.
"Not yours." Bluntly.
He tsks, throwing furtive glances back constantly.
I really don't have time for this. "Fine. If it will get you out of here I will supply you with anything you want." Beyond done and just wanting to go to my room and play with Hoseok.
Shownu's eyes light up. "Anything?"
"Within reason."
Wonho walks around the room, studying everything. Scanning my controls. Staring out into the window portals. Being purposely vague, slow, and annoying.
"Some food and water as well as ammunition." He finally says.
I look at Hyungwon and motion for him to alert the soldiers to hand over the supplies.
"One more thing." Changkyun steps a foot from me, biting down on his lip ring. "I want the clinger. He's cute."
"Not an option. You done now?"
Tilting his head, he stares at me. I hold my ground, glaring back. "You've grown, Jooheoney. Not such a pushover anymore. I'm impressed."
"I don't live to impress you. Any of you." I have the urge to throw them all out into space and watch them die.
I can dream.
"Now, now. Let's not wear out our welcome. We should thank our good friend, don't you think?" Wonho shoves Changkyun away, giving him a warning look.
"We could also use some fuel." Shownu speaks up from his spot across the room.
"Fine."
Hyungwon comes back so I send him back to supply extra fuel. Anything to get them out faster.
I may or may not want them to find out about the Median Blue soldiers on my ship among others things....
I smack Changkyun's hand away as he reaches thrums through my paperwork. "Mind your fucking business, I.M."
He scoffs. "You haven't called me that in years. Why now?" He grasp my wrist tightly.
"Slip of the tongue."
"Sure."
I'm struggling to untangle my hand from his when a loud boom detonates along with massive shaking. I look over to see their ship on fire!
"What the fuck are you up to?" I demand.
Wonho smiles sheepishly, rubbing his neck. "Oops. I forgot to mention we may or may not have been fleeing from some space bandits. I guess they caught up."
I gape at him. "Your fucking kidding."
"Sadly no. Looks up we'll have to stay out for now. No supplies and now ship less. You wouldn't possibly kick your old friends out into orbit and to our death, right?"
I hate them more and more every second.
Shownu, places an arm over my shoulder. "Can't we put the past behind us and move on. Start fresh? We truly want to apologize and make things right."
The other two nod. I ignore Changkyun's condescending gaze.
"I really don't care to put things behind us. I just want you to leave. Call for another ship. You can stay on here for two days." I demand. "I expect you all off by then."
"I call the room with the clinger." Changkyun smirks, looking Hyungwon up and down.
He glances over at me with wide eyes. "Jooheon." Pleading.
"Leave him alone. You can all share a room for crew mates." I call another crew mate to guide them. "Please hurry with your preparations."
Wonho salutes me before leading them out and down the corridor.
Hyungwon slumps down. "Why is that guy after me? I haven't done anything to him."
"Stay away from him, okay? He's dangerous."
He nods, hesitating. "What happened between you and those guys?"
"I grew up with them on Cedian Red. I trained with them and we were all destined to man a ship together. An accident occurred and they used me as a scapegoat. It's not very interesting. It just cost me a lot." I really don't want to talk about it.
"Just avoid them. They can't be trusted. Especially Changkyun."
"Okay." He pauses. "Are you going to keep them away from Hoseok?"
I scoff. "Of course. I also need to keep them away from Namjoon's men and that little beast." Thinking.
He frowns. "Why would it be bad if they met any of them?"
I hesitate, feeling a headache approaching replacing my once good mood. "Because...they were one of the ships that helped supply and drop the toxin that destroyed their planet and killed millions—Namjoon's mate included."
"...oh."