Chapter 38

...

Tharion's and Draco's P.O.V.

After little Scylla hatched out of her egg, Lyla grabbed Katherine and ran off to somewhere.

"Where are they going?" Tharion asked Blaze.

"No idea. Lyla's protecting her mind." Blaze said and shrugged his shoulders.

"And you're not worried at all?" Draco asked in confusion.

"She'll occasionally let me know where she is and with whom. It's what we agreed on whenever one of us is blocking the mind link." Blaze explained.

The twins both nodded their heads.

'I hope we'll soon be able to communicate with Katie like this.' Draco said with a sigh and Tharion nodded his head.

'But she's refusing us." Tharion stated the obvious.

'That's what's confusing me too. Blaze and Lyla weren't like this. Maybe we're the problem.' Draco mumbled.

'I don't think so. If we were, I'm sure Katie would've told us.' Tharion said while rubbing his chin.

'Let's just go to our room and wait for her there.' Draco said with slumped shoulders.

'And then we'll have a long talk with her about this. We can't go on like this anymore. We'll hurt her eventually if we don't do something about it.' Tharion said sternly, already hating the thought of ever hurting Katherine with his own hands.

Draco nodded his head in agreement and the twins headed toward their room.

...

But Katherine never came.

"Where is she?" Draco said impatiently.

"Blaze said she's not with Lyla." Tharion said after talking with Blaze.

"Not with Lyla?" Draco said in surprise because they are always together.

Tharion nodded.

"He said Lyla is with Kayda and Scylla." He added.

"What?! Then were could Katie be?!" Draco yelled in frustration.

The twins went quiet for a few seconds and then their eyes widened.

"She's definitely hurt." Draco said in panic and headed straight towards the door.

"I'll stay here in case she comes back." Tharion said quickly before Draco ran out.

Where are you Katie...

...

A whole night of searching and waiting passed and still no signs of Katherine. They even walked around the lair with Blaze, and not even a whiff of Katherine could be found.

"If she's okay, she'll come back eventually. And if she was hurt, someone would've found her by now. She's probably off doing something and lost track of time. Now come help me with this. I can't do it alone." Blaze said with a groan.

"I'll go and you stay here." Tharion said and looked at Draco who was already nodding his head.

"No. I need you both. Come on. I promise it won't take long." Blaze whined.

'Sometimes I think he's the youngest.' Tharion grumbled and Draco hummed in agreement.

"Fine." The twins said with a grumble. "But only for a few minutes." Draco quickly added.