Chapter 14

A/N: I posted five new chapters, 13-17, so make sure you're reading them in order to avoid any confusion

...

Lyla's P.O.V.

I ran away from Kate and as soon as I was out of her sight, I hid behind a tree. Panic slowly started to creep inside of me.

"What if something goes wrong? I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself." I whispered to myself.

Then I felt hands rubbing my shoulders and I immediately knew it was Blaze.

"Relax Ly. Everything will be alright." He said in a comforting voice.

I leaned on him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm scared. What if she's not their mate. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she gets hurt." I said with a trembling voice.

"Don't worry. She'll be alright." He said and kissed my temple a few times.

"I hope you're right." I whispered.

Then I saw Tharion and Draco approaching her.

"Fuck! It's happening. I can't watch this." I said and quickly buried my face in Blaze's torso.

Tears were slowly gathering in my eyes.

Please don't let anything happen to her. Please...

...

Katherine's P.O.V.

I was face to face with two enormous dragons.

What... The... Fuck...

My knees gave out and I fell on the ground.

How is this possible...

They slowly started to approach me. I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

How can this be real? Matthew was right all along? Dragons actually exist?

They stopped right in front of me. I slowly looked up and was met with their mesmerizing golden eyes. They even had a few golden spots on their scales.

(A/N: Picture of Tharion's and Draco's dragon form is in the media above 👆👆)

Why am I not frightened that much? Shouldn't a normal person feel petrified in a situation like this?

They lowered their heads in front of me. I flinched a little but didn't move.

Are they going to eat me? But why do they have that glint in their eyes? Like they're looking at a treasure or something.

They opened their mouth and for a second it looked like they were smiling.

Is that even possible? Can a dragon smile?

Then their mouth opened even more and I was suddenly engulfed in a golden flame. At that moment I was sure I would die.

But then something unimaginable happened.

I was still alive and breathing. I wasn't burning away. The golden fire which surrounded me felt like a warm, fuzzy blanket you wrap around yourself on a cold, winter day. It even felt almost soothing against me.

I don't know what's happening anymore. Did I finally go insane?

After a few minutes, the fire slowly disappeared and the cool air again surrounded me. I looked at the dragons in front of me, but they were gone.

What?

And in the next second, a pair of arms wrapped around me and squeezed the life out of me.

"I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE OKAY! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!" Lyla started to yell while bawling her eyes out.

"Lyla?" I said in confusion.

Blaze was right next to us with a big grin on his face.

"Blaze?"

What is he doing here?

Then I saw two more figures approaching us.

Oh. My. God.

I very naked Draco was running towards us with the biggest smile I've ever seen. And a very naked Tharion was right behind him with the exact same expression. And in the next second, I was in Draco's arms. Tharion also did the same, so now we were in a group hug.

"Mate!" They growled excitedly.

Mate? What mate? What do they mean?

I looked at Lyla who was still crying waterfalls.

"What... is happening..." I asked slowly.

But I couldn't hear her answer because in the next second all I saw was black.

...

Tharion's and Draco's P.O.V.

'She's our mate! She's our mate! She's our mate! We have a fucking mate!' Draco yelled excitedly the moment he saw Katherine was perfectly fine while being surrounded by their flame.

The flame slowly wanished and they quickly shifted back to their human forms.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry! We have to go to her!" Draco said excitedly and started running towards were Katherine and the others were.

"Right behind you!" Tharion said with the same excitement.

Both of them couldn't believe they finally found their mate. Now they felt complete.

Once they were in front of Katherine and the others, they immediately wrapped their arms around her.

"Mate!" They growled excitedly.

'I can't believe it! She feels perfect!' Draco said happily.

'And her scent...' Tharion added giddily.

'I know!' Draco said, still feeling excited like a kid on Christmas.

"What... is happening..." Katherine asked slowly.

They were about to tell her everything, but then she passed out in their arms.

"Katie?" Draco said in confusion.

"Katherine." Tharion said and shook her slightly.

When she didn't move or open her eyes, both of them started to panic.

"Katie!" Draco yelled a little.

"Relax. She's alright. She just passed out." Blaze said in reassurance.

Both twins breathed out and again smiled from ear to ear. After being engulfed by their fire, Katherine gained this glow which wasn't there before. It only proved more she was theirs. Both mentally and physically.

"Let's go back to the camp before anyone gets suspicious." Lyla said with a slight sniffle.

Tharion and Draco grinned at her. They wanted to laugh at how emotional she was being, but they held it in. She just cared too much and they loved that about her. Her love and care changed their brother for the better and they felt overjoyed their mate was constantly surrounded by that love.

"You might want to get dressed first." Blaze said with a chuckle when they both got up.

He was already hiding a squealing Lyla behind him, while their clothes were dangling in his hand. The twins looked at one another and realized that they're still naked.

Oops.

They thought at the same time.

Then they quickly got dressed and Tharion took Katherine in his arms.

"Let's go!" Draco said excitedly.

The adrenalin was still coursing through them and it wasn't leaving any time soon.

Finally. Our mate...

...

Please drop a vote/comment and see you in the next chapter! Bye bye~

𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓲 💕