Chapter 48

...

Katherine's P.O.V.

"Okay Kate. You can do this. Take a deep breath and concentrate. If you don't... Well, you'll fall to your death." I mumbled to myself as I looked at my legs which were dangling in the air, as I was sitting on the frame of the window.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

Here we go.

I straightened my leg and slowly placed it on the branch of the tree which was growing right next to the window. And when I confirmed that the branch was strong enough to hold me, I immediately proceeded with my escape plan.

Once I knew I placed my leg on the branch safely, I put my other leg on the frame of the window and slowly stood up, using the frame to keep my balance in check.

"Okay Kate. One... Two... Three!" I whisper-yelled and moved my whole body out the window and onto the branch, grabbing the nearby baby branches for support.

Yes! Success!

I slowly moved towards the trunk of the tree and carefully started to climb down. And a few grumbles and scratches later, I was safely on the ground.

Another success!

I immediately bolted down the, what I now know is a mountain, and headed towards the village. But as I was going down and slowly approaching the said village, I immediately noticed it wasn't a human village.

"Shit!" I whisper-yelled and quickly took a turn so I could go around it.

Damn dragons. What do they want with me?

Once I was at the base of the mountain and close to the village, I carefully moved around it and tried to be as quiet as possible.

Fuck, my feet are killing me.

I stopped for a second and inhaled deeply.

Come on Kate. You can't stop now.

I took one more breath and continued. As I was running, I noticed the sun was slowly setting.

Shit! I have to get as far away from here as possible before the night falls.

I sped up my running and hid in the shadows of trees when it was needed.

...

"Fuuck!" I wheezed out and leaned on a tree.

I slowly slid down and then looked up at the starry sky. I closed my eyes and tried to collect myself. I was tired and hungry and my energy was slowly leaving me from all the running. I don't even know for how long I've been running.

"If only the damn link worked!" I whisper-yelled in frustration.

'Tharion! Draco!' I yelled into the mindlink for the ninth time, but still nothing.

I groaned in annoyance and slowly got up. Then I continued my journey as I yelled into the mindlink without a break.

'Draco! Tharion! Hello! Hello?!' I yelled again as I continued to run.

'K-... -tie!'

I stopped for a second.

'Hello? Do you hear me?' I said hopefully.

This was the first time I heard something ever since I was brought here.

'Ka-... KATIE!' Both of them yelled at the same time.

I could feel tears gathering in my eyes and I sniffled as I sigh of relief left my mouth.

Finally...