Chapter 3

A/N: Another heads-up. As I've mentioned before, English is not my first language, so I'm not that good at describing things. And because of that, I'll be using a lot of pictures. Like, a lot lot. So make sure to have connection while reading this book if you don't want to miss any of the pictures.

...

Katherine's P.O.V.

I currently had my face in my pillow while I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. You're so fucking stupid!

I lifted myself on my elbows and breathed in.

"How could you let your anger control you like that?! You were still in the fucking building where you fucking work! Well, probably don't work by now!" I yelled at myself and slumped back onto the pillow.

There was loud opening and closing of the door and I immediately knew it was Lyla.

"KATE!" She yelled and aggressively opened the door of my room.

"What?" I grumbled in defeat and sat up.

"Guess what happened." She said excitedly.

"I got fired. Woohoo." I said in a bored manner.

"What? Of course not. You think I'd let you get fired for no reason? Hell no!" Lyla immediately protested.

I felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I jumped on Lyla and hugged her. Then I pulled her to my bed and made her sit down.

"Thanks Ly. I owe you one." I said happily.

"Good thing there will be plenty of opportunities to return the favor now." She said excitedly.

"What are talking about?" I said in confusion.

"You have been promoted Kate!" She squealed.

"WHAT?!" I screeched. "How?!"

"Well, after Tharion and Draco saw it was actually Melanie's fault, they were very pleased with how calmly and professionally you handled the situation and have decided to give you a promotion." She explained giddily.

"Aaand? What is my new position?" I asked impatiently.

"You will be my assistant!" She exclaimed excitedly and wrapped her arms around me.

"What?! You mean we'll work together?! As in, right next to each other?!" I yelled as I slowly started to jump in place.

"Well duh. How else are going to assist me?" She said with a big smile.

And then I remembered something.

"Wait. They aren't mad at me for acting like I did in front of them?" I asked carefully.

"Nope. They were more amused really. I mean you just acted on impulse you know. You tried to defend yourself and there's nothing wrong with that." She explained. "If it was Blaze, he'd definitely jump in to help you. Unlike his brothers." She added with a sigh.

I smirked proudly.

"What can I say. We're like a family now. Of course he'd defend me." I said with a big, proud smile.

But then her words actually downed on me and I remembered a very important detail.

"Holly shit! I completely forgot they're related!" I yelled in realization.

"I see your brain is still slower than a snail." Lyla said with a laugh. "Well I'm off. Blaze wants me to stay at his place tonight. I just came to tell you the good news." She added.