Chapter 41

...

Katherine's P.O.V.

While I was walking through the hallways, everyone who passed me, looked at me with wide eyes and then smiled excitedly and congratulated me for something.

Why is everyone so weird today?

I opened the door of the main kitchen and immediately spotted Scylla wolfing down a plate full of food.

"Kate!" Lyla yelled once our eyes met and quickly came up to me pulling me in a hug. I suppressed a groan because I was still sore all over my body.

Kayda slowly approached us, a smirk already stretched across her face.

"Don't you even dare." I threatened, making her chuckle.

"Okay, okay." She said with a smile, raising her hands in surrender.

Lyla pulled away and looked me up and down, purposely stopping her gaze on my neck and shoulders, which I'm sure were covered in many bites and hickeys which I obviously failed to cover.

"I see they managed to trick you too." Kayda said suddenly, looking at my outfit.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion and looked down at my clothes.

Then I caught Lyla glaring at her.

"They didn't tell you what color white means around here, did they?" Lyla said in annoyance.

"Uhh... No?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

Now Kayda had a megawatt smile on her face.

"You fell for it too!" She squealed excitedly getting Scylla's attention.

"What the hell is she talking about?" I asked Lyla who was still glaring daggers at Kayda.

"You basically told the whole lair that you just got fucked and married." Lyla said bluntly.

My eyes widened in horror.

"WHAT?!" I yelled in astonishment.

Kayda started laughing hysterically.

"What do you mean by that?!" I continued to yell.

"When two dragons finish mating, the day when they come out as a married couple for the first time is marked by wearing white clothes." Lyla explained, because Kayda was still laughing.

"Say what now?!" I yelled again.

I'm going to castrate those two.

'Really?' Draco's voice announced it's presence in my head.

'Really. Why didn't you tell me?!' I yelled in frustration.

'Because then you wouldn't want to wear white clothes.' Tharion answered.

'No shit Sherlock. Of course I fucking wouldn't wear it. No one sane, apart from you dragons, would wear it.' I said in annoyance.

'And that's why we didn't tell you.' Tharion said.

I breathed out in frustration and blocked our mindlink. Then I felt something on my hand. I looked down and saw Scylla playfully bitting my fingers.

"Hi cutie~ Did you miss your antie~" I said in a baby voice and took her in my arms.

Nothing can melt your frustration away like your sibling's kids. In return to my cooing, I got an excited growl and a lick on my face.

"Come here baby. Let's show your auntie what you can do now." Kayda said and took Scylla in her arms.