Chapter 28

...

Katherine's P.O.V.

Loud arguing pulled me out of my dreamland and I involuntarily opened my eyes. Luckily, the lights were off, so I wasn't blinded right away. The only source of light was a soft glimmer coming from the stairs.

Stairs?

I quickly straightened up and looked around me. Thanks to the soft glimmer I quickly figured out I was in Tharion's and Draco's room.

"I told you I did it on instinct! What part do you not understand?!" Kayda, I think, yelled from downstairs.

I uncovered myself and slowly got up.

"And I'm a two year old dragon without a brain. Save that excuse for someone you can actually deceive." Draco replied angrily.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

Why are they arguing?

I put my hand on the railing for support and slowly went down the stairs. I saw everyone was there, but they didn't notice me yet. Matthew was sitting awkwardly next to a fuming Kayda and Tharion was trying to calm Draco down. Lyla and Blaze were quietly sitting in one corner and watching the argument between the two siblings.

"I told you-" Kayda started, but I interrupted her.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

All six heads turned to me in less than a second.

"Katie!" Draco said and he and Tharion quickly approached me and gently took my hands in theirs to help me walk down the rest of the stairs.

Not that I needed help, but I'm definitely not complaining.

As always, tingles appeared whenever and wherever we touched, and my heart rate sped up.

"Please explain to our dear sister why what she did wasn't right." Draco said with disdain in his voice.

I slowly looked at Kayda, but she quickly averted her eyes to the side when they met with mine. I slowly approached her, but walked past her and threw my arms around Matthew.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I said in relief.

"Me too?" Matthew said in confusion.

Then I turned to Kayda with a glare.

"You're lucky he ended up being your mate. You wouldn't be standing there if something had happened to him." I threatened.

She just nodded her head awkwardly and quickly looked down.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.

I just nodded my head and looked at Matthew again, checking for any scratches. An uncomfortable silence surrounded us. I understand it was her instinct, but she needs to know it could've ended very badly if it turned out they weren't mates.

"Let's go swimming." Lyla blurted out.

I looked at her in confusion.

"Swimming? In the middle of the mountain?" I said.

Everyone smirked except for Matthew.

"Just go and change into a swimsuit." She said to me and then looked at everyone. "We'll meet there in 15 minutes. Okay?" She added and everyone nodded.

I stood up and looked at everyone as they slowly exited the room. And after a few seconds, I was left alone with Tharion and Draco.

Uh-oh...

"Then... I'll-go-and-change." I mumbled and quickly went up the stairs.

But then I remembered something very important.