Chapter 26

...

Katherine's P.O.V.

Kayda and Matthew walked outside and I sighed.

"I feel so bad for her." Lyla said sadly.

"I do too. But I don't want to risk Matthew's life." I said in dejection.

"I know what you mean. And I support you all the way. I don't know what I would have done if it turned out you weren't their mate. God knows what I would have done." She said.

"Probably something without thinking." Blaze joked and I quickly nodded my head in agreement.

"Well excuse you for being a caring person." She grumbled which made us chuckle.

"We know mama bear, we know. That's why I love you." Blaze said with a baby voice and hugged her.

"Don't try to coax me now. You said what you said." She grumbled and crossed her arms, pretending to be upset.

But everyone saw the corner of her mouth slowly lifting into a smirk. Blaze shook his head with a chuckle and then lowered it in front of Lyla's belly.

"Baby, you better prepare yourself before you come out. Nothing can beat your mommy's mood swings." He told the baby and Lyla immediately slapped his shoulder.

"Don't teach my baby false things. You know it's going to be a mama's boy or girl and you'll be outnumbered." She said with an evil grin.

Then they continued to banter among themselves. I watched them with adoration.

I hope I'll have this one day.

My eyes moved to look at Tharion and Draco on their own and I caught them already starting at me. Tharion looked deep in thought, while Draco was grinning at me like a kid.

"Nuh uh, I'll be the favorite parent." Blaze protested.

"Just keep telling yourself tha-"

"Wait Kayda- What are you- Hey- HEY! KAYDAAA!"

We heard Matthew's screams and a loud roar followed right after them. My eyes widened and we immediately ran outside.

"KAYDA!" I yelled in panic.

She was in her dragon form and Matthew was in her claws. I grabbed Tharion's arm and started to push him toward them.

"Stop her!" I yelled at him.

"I can't. My dragon form is double the size of Kayda's. I don't have enough space to shift." He said fast. "Draco and Blaze are trying to persuade her to shift back- Wait! Kayda!" He yelled.

There was a big gust of wind and when I turned around, I saw Kayda flying away toward the mountains. Tears started streaming down my cheeks and Tharion quickly hugged me.

She's going to do it.

"We have to go there! She's going to light him up!" Draco said in panic.

"It'll take us hours by car. We won't make it in time." Blaze said in frustration.

"There's an open field 15 minutes from here. You'll have enough space to shift there." Lyla said quickly and I knew right away which field she meant.

"Great. You girls stay here. We'll go after them." Blaze said.

"No. I'm going with you." I said with determination.

"Kate-"

"I'm going." I interrupted her.

"Alright then. Blaze you stay with Lyla in case someone heard Kayda's roar and asks about it." Tharion said and opened the driver's door of their pickup truck.

I quickly got in and Draco was next to me in a second. He took my hands in his and kissed them.

"Don't worry Katie. We'll get there in time." He assured.

I nodded my head and tried to stop my tears. We were soon on our way to the field and I prayed we got there in time.

...

"Okay. Now listen carefully. When we shift, Tharion will lower his head and you sit on top of it. I'll fly under you so I can catch you in case you fall off because we'll be flying fast." Draco explained and I nodded my head.

Then they moved away from me and slowly shifted. For a second my brain stopped working and I gaped at them with wide eyes as they shifted into these majestic creatures right in front of me.

Wow...

I felt a slight nudge which pulled me back to reality. I saw a big dragon head, probably Tharion's, in front of me and I carefully climbed behind his horns. I tapped his head as a sign that I'm ready and he slowly lifted his head.

Right. Not the time to get mesmerized over them Kate. Focus.

I yelped in surprise because I was suddenly up so high. I could easily see the tops of the trees in front of us. Tharion moved his wings and in the next second we were up in the sky. It took everything in my power to not scream. Adrenalin coursed through my blood almost instantly, urging me to scream in excitement, but the fear of falling was also there so I refrained myself.

Oh God.

I could barely see Draco underneath us because Tharion's head was so big. I gripped Tharion's horns tighter and then looked forward.

...

After I don't know how long, I began to see their mountain. I also saw Kayda landing on the meadow were I first saw Tharion and Draco in their dragon forms.

"They landed! Hurry!" I yelled.

I saw her circling around, what I think is Matthew and my heart dropped to my stomach.

No, no, no, no...

"Tell Draco to go forward! Even if I do fall off you can catch me since we're in the open!" I yelled to Tharion, because the wind was muffling my voice.

Tharion grumbled, I think in protest, but I nudged him to do what I said. And after a few seconds I saw Draco flying faster toward the meadow.

Yes!

But my excitement quickly wanished and nothing could prepare me for what happened next.

"NOOO!"

...

Hi guys! \(^▽^)/

New chapy is here and I hope you enjoyed it!

Drama is coming, so get ready and I'll see you in the next chapy! Bye bye~

𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓲 💕