Chapter 23

...

Katherine's P.O.V.

I placed the last plate on the table and sat down next to Lyla.

"Guys!" Lyla called.

All three of them quickly came and sat in front of us. And for the next few minutes, we were eating in silence, but I noticed all three of them acting weird for some reason.

"Okay, spill it. What's bothering you now?" Lyla said and looked at them.

Thank you Lyla!

"Well..." Draco started.

"You see..." Blaze continued.

"Just say it already." I said impatiently.

"Since you're our mate now, we would like you to move in with us." Tharion said and my eyes widened. "In the lair." He added making me choke on air.

"What?! No way!" I immediately said.

"Well, you don't really have a say in it. You have to." Draco said.

"Um, yes I do have a say in it. I'm not going to move in with you just because we're mates. I barely know you." I stated angrily.

"Calm down Kate." Blaze said calmly. "Listen to us first."

I glared at him and crossed my arms.

"Fine. Say what you want." I said.

"We know all of this is still new for you, but I can't live apart from Lyla anymore. She's my mate and my wife. We're having a baby and I want to be with them every living second." Blaze explained and looked at Lyla lovingly.

I smiled a little, but quickly composed myself.

"And what does that have to do with me moving in with them?" I asked and pointed at the twins.

"Lyla doesn't want to come and live with me because then you'll be left alone here. I tried to make her move in with me the moment I found out she's my mate, but she didn't want to leave you." Blaze said with a sigh.

I looked at Lyla and she was sheepishly looking to the side. The feeling of guilt was slowly creeping inside of me.

"You have to understand me Kate. We've been mates for three years and it's really hard to live apart from her. Especially now that we're married and are soon going to have a baby. I just can't take it anymore. And because I'm a dragon, my instincts are stronger and I can barely control myself. I'm so close to just taking her against her will." He said desperately.

His tone of voice only made me feel even more guilty for keeping them apart. Lyla quickly got up and went to hug Blaze.

"I'm sorry baby." She whispered to him and kissed his cheek. "And don't you dare feel guilty. It was my choice." She added and gave me a pointed look.

I looked down and sighed. Then I glanced at Tharion and Draco and they were already looking at me, but I couldn't read their expressions.

If Blaze felt like that in the beginning, then they probably feel the same.

I looked back at Lyla and Blaze and Lyla was now sitting on his lap and whispering something to him, which was making him grin like a love struck teen.

I looked down at my fidgeting hands and breathed in slowly.

"Can you let me think about it for a bit? My thoughts and feelings are all over the place and I don't want to make any rash decisions." I mumbled.

"Of course." Blaze said and with that I went into my room.

...

I don't know how long I was sitting on my bed like a statue, but a soft knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." I said quietly.

Two heads appeared behind the door and I almost snorted because it looked like they were floating. They walked in and sat next to me.

"Don't feel pressured by this. We promise we'll take care of you." Tharion said and leaned his forehead on the side of my head.

"Yeah. Plus Lyla will be there too, so it would be like you just moved into a new home." Draco added with a smile.

Now that they mentioned it...

"But what about our work?" I asked.

I know they probably have enough money that will last more than a lifetime, but I'll feel useless if I have to just sit around and do nothing.

"If you want to work we won't stop you." Draco said.

I looked at him in surprise.

"Really?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes. You can continue to work with us." Tharion answered.

"We'll move all the stuff you need into our apartment, but we'll be in the lair when there's no work." Draco explained.

"But won't it be too much of a hassle to travel back and forth like that? You do realize how far away the lair is from here, right?" I pointed out.

They both grinned at me and started to play with my hair.

"Yes, we know that. But we won't be using any vehicles." Tharion said and kissed the strand he was holding.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"How do you think we've been traveling until now?" Draco asked me with a big smile.

"I don't know. I mean you are dragons, so like you could just fly." I said skeptically.

They both chuckled and then squeezed me in a hug.

"You're so cute. But that's too risky. Anyone could see us and all hell would break loose if that were to happen." Draco said.

"Then how?" I asked.

"We have a portal in our apartment which is connected with our lair. So after work, we just go through it and we're in the lair within seconds." Tharion explained and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"A portal?!" I whisper-yelled in disbelief.

They both nodded.

"Wow..."

Well of course Katherine. They're real living dragons, so why wouldn't a simple thing like a portal exist.

I closed my mouth and gulped.

"So what do you say?" Draco asked and Tharion made the same face as him.

I looked at them with uncertainty.

What do I do...

...

Hi guys! \(^▽^)/

I'm back with a new chapy! Hope you enjoyed it!

Also what are your thoughts on the book so far? I hope you like it as much as I like writing it!

That's it for this chapy! I'll see you in the next update! Bye bye~

𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓲 💕